what's lens of eye pigment?/ hypothalamus?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joonkimdds

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know lens of eye but what's lens of eye pigment?
it's from DAT destroyer BIO #67.

and also, how does hypothalamus link nervous system and endocrine system?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I know lens of eye but what's lens of eye pigment?
it's from DAT destroyer BIO #67.

and also, how does hypothalamus link nervous system and endocrine system?

The hypothalamus regulates the pituitary gland. The general idea u need to get from this is that it regulates hormone production in the body.

The hypothalamus regulates the pituitary gland. The general idea u need to get from this is that it regulates hormone production in the body.

I understand that hypthalamus makes oxitocin and ADH, store it to posterior pituitary gland and release it when needed but I am not sure how this has anything to do with linking nervous and endocrine system.

Could it be that nerve tells hypothalamus to release hormone from gland and that's how hypothalamus link them together?

Members don't see this ad :)
I understand that hypthalamus makes oxitocin and ADH, store it to posterior pituitary gland and release it when needed but I am not sure how this has anything to do with linking nervous and endocrine system.

Could it be that nerve tells hypothalamus to release hormone from gland and that's how hypothalamus link them together?

Basially, the axons of nerves from the hypothalamus directly regulate the release of neurohormones from the posterior pituitary gland. Also, keep in mind that the hormones released by the posterior pituitary are produced in the hypothalamus, but stored in the post. pituitary. Specific releasing hormones are secreted by the hypothalamus to regulate the release of hormones from the anterior pituitary.

Agreed with the above poster. Also, hypothalamus secrete hormone signal and hormone with neurosecretory cells (it's like combo cells). Hypothalamus is under thalamus too.