What's new for radonc?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Raygun77

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Howdy,

Most threads are about getting in, grades, spots, etc- so i thougth i'd mix it up by asking any knowledgeable souls- what's on the horizon for rad onc as a field?

I know the future of rad onc has been discussed (as to radiations viability as a treatment modality in the day of targeted therapies and the like), but how bout innovations that will keep this field abreast? What goes on in the typical labs of a rad onc department?

When I asked a rad onc, he told me that in the past couple of decades, imaging has really defined this fields growth- innovations in imaging leading to awesome things like IMRT and the like. But now that the imaging boom seems to be slowing what with PET scans becoming fully realised, what about other innovations to keep improving this Tx modality?

I've heard about radiation sensitisers- anyone know of particularly promising drugs that might be going through trials? Anything else that might tap a bit more of radiation's awesome potential?

Members don't see this ad.

I've heard about radiation sensitisers- anyone know of particularly promising drugs that might be going through trials? Anything else that might tap a bit more of radiation's awesome potential?
Tirapazamine?