What's the absolute deadline for submitting AMCAS apps w/realistic chance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hferdjal

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm not looking for a "You're applying late" I already know I'm late :) I want to know if sending in my application in the next 1-2 days will at least give me a CHANCE at consideration.

I have a 3.96 GPA with a 28N MCAT w/ EC and w/ Research, and I'm applying to 15 schools. And I'm not applying to any "dream schools" either so keep that in mind.

Most of the deadlines are either Oct. 15 and Nov 1st so I figure I still have time. But what are my realistic chances? I don't want to spend $500+ for NO chance at getting in. I at least want a 30-40% chance. That's why I ask.

Edit: And I'm a minority . Does that help? heh

Members don't see this ad.

your gpa is excellent, and your mcat is fine. And your a minority. As long as your amcas gets verified sometime soon you should be a fine applicant. Many people on this forum are neurotic, but don't worry. Just to let you know that your application to 15-20 schools will surpass $1000

The only thing I'm afraid of is that it'll take 4 weeks to get verified. I keep hearing horror stories about that. Do they have any merit? I mean, I got my transcripts in (and verified) and everything. All I have is the AMCAS to send. If it takes a good 3 weeks at most to clear, it would be at my med schools JUST in time for the Oct 15 deadline. Any longer and I just wasted all my $$ on those Oct 15 schools (Or do they refund if they can't get them done in time? My guess is no)

But yea, I'll definitely work at completing this today or tomorrow. Thanks for the encouragement.

Members don't see this ad :)
Make sure you check out the secondary essay prompts thread and start working on your secondary questions. That way you can fire them off the instant you get them after being verified, that might put you a few steps ahead. And obviously have LOR, etc, ready to go...Good luck.....

The only thing I'm afraid of is that it'll take 4 weeks to get verified. I keep hearing horror stories about that. Do they have any merit? I mean, I got my transcripts in (and verified) and everything. All I have is the AMCAS to send. If it takes a good 3 weeks at most to clear, it would be at my med schools JUST in time for the Oct 15 deadline. Any longer and I just wasted all my $$ on those Oct 15 schools (Or do they refund if they can't get them done in time? My guess is no)

But yea, I'll definitely work at completing this today or tomorrow. Thanks for the encouragement.
Are you sure that your AMCAS has to be verified by Oct. 15? Or, do you just need to submit by Oct. 15? If you're unsure, check on this. It seems unreasonable to me to have students submit 4 weeks before Oct. 15 and not get verified "in time" due to their own slowness...

Are you sure that your AMCAS has to be verified by Oct. 15? Or, do you just need to submit by Oct. 15? If you're unsure, check on this. It seems unreasonable to me to have students submit 4 weeks before Oct. 15 and not get verified "in time" due to their own slowness...

Yeah, I think it needs to be submitted by the 15th, not verified. Either way, money comes and goes, it's not worth not applying. I'm a late comer myself, go for it!

Well I'm not sure when the peak times are but I'd think that at this point, the number of new submissions is beginning to get a little lower so it might not take 4 weeks to verify.