What's the best advice you've ever received.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
"Just keep running and don't look back"

"don't waste time, invest it"
Sent from my LG-P999 using SDN Mobile

Members don't see this ad.

"It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul." - William Ernest Henley

Basically, don't let circumstance get the best of you. Your limit is the line that YOU draw, not arbitrarily assigned by life or another person. If you want to be a plastic neurodermatologist, what's stopping you?

Members don't see this ad :)
+ 1

My two probably are:

1. "Never give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about."

2. "If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough."

Wow. Those are deep. Thank you for sharing these.

Pretty much anything that comes out of the mouth of Forrest Gump.

”Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right.” - Henry Ford

'told you that you should have gone to dental school'

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Nothing in the world will take away persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than an unsuccessful man with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.
- Calvin Coolidge

You could spend your years doing something meaningful, or spend those same years living like a crab.-Me

"The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in war" -- give your all, all the time, when the going is easy because when things really pick up, you'll be thankful that you can take the heat and don't need to get the **** out the kitchen

"The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in war" -- give your all, all the time, when the going is easy because when things really pick up, you'll be thankful that you can take the heat and don't need to get the **** out the kitchen

Thats a pretty BA quote. It could use a nice "Mother F*****" at the end of it.

Members don't see this ad :)

This guy disagrees :smuggrin:

[YOUTUBE]eGDBR2L5kzI[/YOUTUBE]

"Don't knock masturbation. It's sex with someone I love."

~Poetic Silence~

That's true. It's in Coach Carter, too. I only remember it from A Cinderella Story since I've seen it about 5 times. :D

Last edited:
"It's hard out here for a pimp." - Academy Award winners Three 6 Mafia,

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow, Learn as if you were live forever" - Mahatma Gandhi

Last edited:
"Don't pet polar bears. They bite." -- My physician

getting to the chopper was probably the best advice i ever got...

"there are too many mother ****ing snakes on this mother ****ing plane"

Blame it on the a-a-a-autocorrect.

"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you gonna get."

~El Presidente del Mexico~

"If you wanna crown 'em, then crown their ass!!!!!!!"

- Dennis Green

“There is neither happiness nor misery in the world; there is only the comparison of one state with another, nothing more. He who has felt the deepest grief is best able to experience supreme happiness.”

From my favorite book in the world.

Blame it on the a-a-a-autocorrect.

:thumbup: Great book.

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
-Socrates

Medical:

He who studies medicine without books sails an uncharted sea, but he who studies medicine without patients does not go to sea at all.
-Sir William Osler

"Don't drink that" -my brother to me as a child in reference to me wanting to drink some bleach. I've always liked the smell of it.
It ranks right up there with "I don't think you can get to the crossing before the train does."
I've other bits of good advice, but those probably were (at the time) the most helpful.
It's tough growing up stupid.

I think this is the most useful quote I've ever heard.

tumblr_lio39peXgd1qbxq4mo1_500.png

It is our failure to become our perceived ideal that ultimately defines us and makes us unique. It's not easy, but if you accept your misfortune and handle it right, your perceived failure can become a catalyst for profound re-invention.

-Conan O'Brien

Cool Runnings:
Derice, a gold medal is a wonderful thing. But if you're not enough without one, you'll never be enough *with* one.
Derice: Hey coach, how will I know if I'm enough?
When you cross that finish line tomorrow, you'll know.

oh and best quote, There are no shortcuts to any place worth going

Cool Runnings:
Derice, a gold medal is a wonderful thing. But if you're not enough without one, you'll never be enough *with* one.
Derice: Hey coach, how will I know if I'm enough?
When you cross that finish line tomorrow, you'll know.

oh and best quote, There are no shortcuts to any place worth going

Who thought a Jamaican bobsled team would be a good idea?

A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
- Lana Turner

My third grade math teacher: lick it before you stick it. Best advice I evarrr got.

I was telling a friend about how apply/attending medical school was so difficult and he told me

"you bitch, if it was easy, then everyone would do it"

From one of my biology professors. Someone was freaking out about having to repeat a quarter and this is what he did:

He wrote these numbers on the board: 70, 80, 90, 100
He asked us if we knew anyone who died a natural death at 70, and a few people raised their hands. He asked us if we knew anyone who died a natural death at 80, and a few people raised their hands etc until he reached 100. He then drew a line connecting 70 to 100 and asked us how many of us cry about how little time a person had on earth when an 80 year old dies. Then he pointed out that 30 years separates 70 to 100 and we rarely cry over those lost years when a person in that age bracket dies so why cry over three months? Three months... Thirty years... He then said many of us choose to shorten our lives by not taking care of ourselves, and knowingly rob ourselves of decades, and then sit there and pout about being delayed three months.

Smart dude that bio prof.

Tell the truth and you'll have everything to worry about.

."If you're not frightened that you might fail, you'll never do the job. If you're frightened, you'll work like crazy.".
Cesar Chavez.
"Until victory always"
El "Che"

"Life can be a challenge, life can seem impossible, it's never easy when there is so much on the line. But you and I can make a difference.”

-Pokemon: The Movie 2000, Herman Cain

ROFLMAO, LOL, [LAUGH, CHUCKLE]:rofl:

Best advice ever.

"Can we fix it? Yes we can!"

~Bob the Builder and Obama~

Don't spend too much time in the nether-here/meta-there ~ SDN Jalby ;)

I feel like this one is pretty key for SDN though: Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. - Ferris Bueller