What's the best embryology text and why?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mikado

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Whats the best embryology text and why?

Members don't see this ad.

Mikado,

8675309 posted these topics less than 2 months ago. I'm sure a search will yield the information you are interested in, as he posted the exact same questions you have - around mid March.

Please take a look at those and consider deleting your posts (8675309 got a lot of flak for posting multiple threads). :)

Actually I know about the 8765309 posts. The answers to them were really good.
People gave him flak for posting individual questions rather than bunching them together. However if you check the 8765309 posts you'll notice that he got usefull replies to all his posts EXCEPT the ones he DID bunch together.
The questions I have asked are the ones that were not well answered when 876 asked them.
As this is an important issue for me, and I assume anyone entering medschool this fall, I think they are worth posting.

Remember Kimberly some of use actually do need this information.

For those inconvenienced by this, I apologise, however, I will greatly appreciate answers that any of you can give me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Mikado:
•Actually I know about the 8765309 posts. The answers to them were really good.
People gave him flak for posting individual questions rather than bunching them together. However if you check the 8765309 posts you'll notice that he got usefull replies to all his posts EXCEPT the ones he DID bunch together.
The questions I have asked are the ones that were not well answered when 876 asked them.
As this is an important issue for me, and I assume anyone entering medschool this fall, I think they are worth posting.

Remember Kimberly some of use actually do need this information.

For those inconvenienced by this, I apologise, however, I will greatly appreciate answers that any of you can give me.•

Mikado - Please don't assume that I underestimate the importance of this topic; quite the contrary. I DO realize that you and many, many others are interested in the topic. Just because I have moved beyond the need for this information doesn't mean I have forgotten how important it was to me just a few years ago. Frankly, I have thought of setting up a FAQ for this topic on the Rotations and Residencies forum.

However, rather than posting new threads which deal with the same thing all you needed to do was simply post a reply to his thread which would bring it back up to the top of the list or "bumping" in forum parlance.

I personally was not bothered by the posting of individual questions in separate threads but was simply trying to "warn" you in case you received some of the same comments that 8675309 did. If it doesn't bother you, then it doesn't bother me. :)

Thanks Kimberly. It's good to have someone out there watching my back.

I did think of doing what you mentioned (renewing the old post) but I'd rather not renew the bunched-up post as it didn't get any decent answers in the first place.

I really would like some good suggestions about books for these subjects. If I got even one good suggestion then I'd consider any flak to be worth it.

On the other hand maybe I'm wrong about why numberboy didn't get any answers to these questions. Perhaps people just have no particular favorites for these courses.

"Watching your back" eh? Yep just call me by my gangsta name Phat Bitch! LOL

I have little to no preference for Embryology books - I don't think I responded in the earlier thread because of that (or may have said that on-line demos are best).

8675309's postings came at a time when everyone was studying for the MCAT, Step 1, etc. so may have been a factor in the lack of responses. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

"Number boy"'s name is referring to a great (well - maybe not so great...) 80's hit - 867-5309 Jenny. Took me awhile to get it, forget the name of the band...

I think Rick Springfield sang it...not positive though.

I've been told Moore and Persaud is good.

I think it was Tommy Two-Tone who sang "Jenny 867-5309". God I loved that song and I'm very frightened that I remember the artist (provided I'm right). You might be thinking of 'Jessie's Girl" for Rick Springfield. :)

I second the vote for Moore and Persaud (the embryology text, not a song).

My bad on the Rick Springfield thing. He does sing Jessie's girl. I saw a VH1 thing on him...I think he was a soap star before that too, but it was a little before my time. Leave it to KCox to put me in my place. :p

Originally posted by dnt107:
•My bad on the Rick Springfield thing. He does sing Jessie's girl. I saw a VH1 thing on him...I think he was a soap star before that too, but it was a little before my time. Leave it to KCox to put me in my place. :p

Not trying to put you in your place - only giving credit where crdit is due.

Rick Springfield was on General Hospital in the early 80s - he even played a doctor on tv! This was followed by his string of hits most people remember from LP "Working Class Dog". However, Springfield was a teen idol many years earlier in the early 70s, especially in his native Australia.

Just a little trivia there - which you probably knew from the VH1 BTM (which is where I got most of my material as well, although I AM old enough to remember "Jessie's Girl").

Ron Dudek High Yield Embryology by Lippincott. It is great, gives the stuff for step 1.