What's the best kind of apartment-mate in med school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gaikokujin

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
In your opinion....What's the best kind of roommate during med school? would you rather share an apartment with a fellow med student for the comraderie or a law/grad student bc they will give you perspective and introduce you to a wider range of people?

Basically I have an apartment, but I have to choose a roomie without meeting him/her in person. So basically I know nothing about them except that they seem uh...nice on the phone.

Just curious what people's experiences have been...

Members don't see this ad.

A bird!

No late parties. No late studying with loud music on nights I'm trying to sleep. No dishes in the sink. No laundry on the floor for a month. Not in the shower when I need to shower or I'll be late for class. No rotten food in the sink.

Companionship. Someone to have conversations with completely not related to medicine. Someone who will listen without butting in or judging when I need to vent about school. Heck, she might even learn to quiz me if I start studying aloud enough.

hm....wont look at me funny when I study out loud....perfect!!

(Sorry, this was kinda tongue in cheek, but the reasons my bird is perfect for me are the same things I would look for in a roomie, I would worry more about personality than what type of school the person is in)

two words: GAY MAN.