1. SDN Mobile is now free on iTunes and on the Google Play Store. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

What's the best option

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Supernatural17, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Supernatural17

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Quick question everyone

I plan on taking 3 summer classes during the summer of 2016 and I have two options and I am having trouble choosing one:

Option 1: Next cycle I can apply and have everything in on or before June 1st, so by Day 1 (June 1). My GPA would be: sGPA- 3.4, cGPA- 3.5 and 510 MCAT. And then update AACOMAS and the schools during the update period which I believe would be Sept-Oct and my GPA would be boosted to sGPA- 3.61, cGPA- 3.61

Option 2: my other option is wait until I finish the 3 summer classes and apply mid July (July 15ish) with my GPA being: sGPA- 3.61, cGPA- 3.61.

Not too sure what the best option so if anyone can suggest and help me I would appreciate it.

Thank You

2. asdf123g

2+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    Option 1

EDIT: what goro says

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 asdf123g, Jul 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  3. OrdinaryDO

OrdinaryDO Membership Revoked
    Removed 5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I don't think it will matter. a +/- .2 GPA will not make or break you with that GPA and MCAT score.

4. 0dee

0dee SDN Gold Donor
    Gold Donor Verified Account 2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    That's a good jump in your GPA but 3.5 is already competitive so I say go for option one and apply broadly on day one.

5. Goro

Faculty Verified Expert 7+ Year Member

Non-Student

ATL.F.Doc and TheLeadSeed like this.
  6. TheLeadSeed

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    If I were you I would go option 2. Can you apply June 1 to a throw a way school to get verified, then update aacomas when new grades come in and submit to your schools?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. OP
    OP
    Supernatural17

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I would have to wait until September/October to update. Thanks for the answers everyone. I am leaning towards option 2 because I've been on SDN for awhile and noticed that applicants should apply with their best possible application and so I think it is beneficial for me to do the same. I'm super excited to apply to med school in less than a year. I wish everyone good luck with this application cycle. Once again thanks for the answers everyone.

TheLeadSeed likes this.