What's the best option

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Supernatural17

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Quick question everyone

I plan on taking 3 summer classes during the summer of 2016 and I have two options and I am having trouble choosing one:

Option 1: Next cycle I can apply and have everything in on or before June 1st, so by Day 1 (June 1). My GPA would be: sGPA- 3.4, cGPA- 3.5 and 510 MCAT. And then update AACOMAS and the schools during the update period which I believe would be Sept-Oct and my GPA would be boosted to sGPA- 3.61, cGPA- 3.61

Option 2: my other option is wait until I finish the 3 summer classes and apply mid July (July 15ish) with my GPA being: sGPA- 3.61, cGPA- 3.61.

Not too sure what the best option so if anyone can suggest and help me I would appreciate it.

Thank You

Members don't see this ad.

Option 1

EDIT: what goro says

Last edited:
I don't think it will matter. a +/- .2 GPA will not make or break you with that GPA and MCAT score.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's a good jump in your GPA but 3.5 is already competitive so I say go for option one and apply broadly on day one.

Quick question everyone

I plan on taking 3 summer classes during the summer of 2016 and I have two options and I am having trouble choosing one:

Option 1: Next cycle I can apply and have everything in on or before June 1st, so by Day 1 (June 1). My GPA would be: sGPA- 3.4, cGPA- 3.5 and 510 MCAT. And then update AACOMAS and the schools during the update period which I believe would be Sept-Oct and my GPA would be boosted to sGPA- 3.61, cGPA- 3.61

Option 2: my other option is wait until I finish the 3 summer classes and apply mid July (July 15ish) with my GPA being: sGPA- 3.61, cGPA- 3.61.

Not too sure what the best option so if anyone can suggest and help me I would appreciate it.

Thank You

Reactions: 1 users
If I were you I would go option 2. Can you apply June 1 to a throw a way school to get verified, then update aacomas when new grades come in and submit to your schools?

If I were you I would go option 2. Can you apply June 1 to a throw a way school to get verified, then update aacomas when new grades come in and submit to your schools?
I would have to wait until September/October to update. Thanks for the answers everyone. I am leaning towards option 2 because I've been on SDN for awhile and noticed that applicants should apply with their best possible application and so I think it is beneficial for me to do the same. I'm super excited to apply to med school in less than a year. I wish everyone good luck with this application cycle. Once again thanks for the answers everyone.

Reactions: 1 user