Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

What's the best option

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Supernatural17, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Supernatural17

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Quick question everyone

I plan on taking 3 summer classes during the summer of 2016 and I have two options and I am having trouble choosing one:

Option 1: Next cycle I can apply and have everything in on or before June 1st, so by Day 1 (June 1). My GPA would be: sGPA- 3.4, cGPA- 3.5 and 510 MCAT. And then update AACOMAS and the schools during the update period which I believe would be Sept-Oct and my GPA would be boosted to sGPA- 3.61, cGPA- 3.61

Option 2: my other option is wait until I finish the 3 summer classes and apply mid July (July 15ish) with my GPA being: sGPA- 3.61, cGPA- 3.61.

Not too sure what the best option so if anyone can suggest and help me I would appreciate it.

Thank You

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. asdf123g

2+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    Option 1

EDIT: what goro says

#2 asdf123g, Jul 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  4. OrdinaryDO

OrdinaryDO Membership Revoked
    Removed 5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I don't think it will matter. a +/- .2 GPA will not make or break you with that GPA and MCAT score.

5. 0dee

0dee SDN Gold Donor
    Gold Donor Classifieds Approved 2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    That's a good jump in your GPA but 3.5 is already competitive so I say go for option one and apply broadly on day one.

6. Goro

Faculty 7+ Year Member

Non-Student

ATL.F.Doc and TheLeadSeed like this.
  7. TheLeadSeed

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    If I were you I would go option 2. Can you apply June 1 to a throw a way school to get verified, then update aacomas when new grades come in and submit to your schools?

8. Supernatural17

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I would have to wait until September/October to update. Thanks for the answers everyone. I am leaning towards option 2 because I've been on SDN for awhile and noticed that applicants should apply with their best possible application and so I think it is beneficial for me to do the same. I'm super excited to apply to med school in less than a year. I wish everyone good luck with this application cycle. Once again thanks for the answers everyone.

TheLeadSeed likes this.