What's the best study technique for me?

Discussion in 'Kaplan MCAT Forum (Sponsored)' started by anon y mous, Jun 20, 2008.

1. anon y mous

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
    I am retaking a 24 in about 2 months, which does not leave me much time to study. My weakest section is physics, followed by bio and my strongest is verbal. I have no idea where I went wrong on my first take as it was lower than any of my practices and I spent a lot of time studying. Towards the end I was getting mostly 28-29. How should i best strategize to significantly improve my score in the short time I have remianing? Thanks!

2. Nemethyst

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I assume you are enrolled in the Kaplan course.

What problems were you having with in physics in particular? if you can tell us what subjects were an issue we may be able to help direct you better.

I can tell you the best thing for me was the smaller subject tests. Focus on the problem areas as outlined by the printout they give you with a breakdown of your performance. Start out without timing or easy to achieve timing and focus on getting problems right, then buildup to the timing of the test.

Be sure to study and review the information covered in the sections you are having issues with. It might be worth looking over old coursework to remind yourself of the subject matter.