What's the best way to send a thank you note?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by serge23, Oct 12, 2002.

1. serge23

serge23 Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey guys,
    I was just wondering what is the best way to send out a thank you note to your interviewers? I mean, is it better to buy a pack of hallmark thankyou cards and add a message; or is it better to type a letter (in letter format, of course) through MS Word and sign it and send it,: or a instead of typing it, just write it on paper and send it?...

What do you think? A little advice...Thanks a lot.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jot

jot

:laugh:

but seriously, i'm just e-mailing everyone. i can't extol the virtues of a lazy man enough. nothing says thank you like e-mail, except maybe a colonic.:)

4. Sweet Tea

Sweet Tea Girl Next Door
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    buy some blank hallmark cards, handwrite a nice, short, sincere little message (please don't start it with "thank you for..." you are a better writer than that!), and send it directly to the interviewer, not the admissions office. i'm not a fan of emailed thank you notes, but that's just me.

5. Random Access

Random Access 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

I agree. Emailed is a little impersonal.

But yeah blank cards. Not necessarily Hallmark, but also check out museum gift shops and such. They have nice blank cards that can show some flair.

-RA

6. S.c. Cdc28p

S.c. Cdc28p Member
    7+ Year Member

Blank cards handwritten with a short message. And there's nothing wrong with "Thank you for...".