Whats the dating life like in podiatry school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VolibearMain

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got back from an interview at Kent and wowwwwwww, some of the ladies there are cute.

Is everyone almost already married and stuff?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Lmao... glad our girls represent

Most of the class of 2020 is single. There's no couples, yet. I'd say about 30% of the people are married or have a significant other. Maybe a second year can chime in on how relationships form

Most of the class of 2020 is single. There's no couples, yet. I'd say about 30% of the people are married or have a significant other. Maybe a second year can chime in on how relationships form

Fantastic, I hope the cutie pies I saw are still single in August!
Thanks lol

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Fantastic, I hope the cutie pies I saw are still single in August!
Thanks lol
And I hope you get accepted there else it'll be pointless :laugh:

But aside that, thanks for officially making Kent my number one school.

I'm patiently waiting for answers and comments to OP's quetsion....

that's good news. Considering that everyone will be around everyone else--same classes, living in the same complex, etc--I'll just be cautious about breaking someone's heart lol you're forced to see them all the time until you graduate.

I've heard they all have foot fetishes.

#badjokes2016

Reactions: 7 users
And I hope you get accepted there else it'll be pointless :laugh:

But aside that, thanks for officially making Kent my number one school.

I'm patiently waiting for answers and comments to OP's quetsion....

I hope I didnt give away a well kept secret and suddenly next years class pools up with a bunch of dudes.
They say dont date within your own school pool but I dont see why not.

I've heard they all have foot fetishes.

#badjokes2016

Lol funny joke but legitimately, to be able to room with a gorgeous classmate who is going to be making 6 figures, wow.

Lol funny joke but legitimately, to be able to room with a gorgeous classmate who is going to be making 6 figures, wow.

Lol bro... I've been slacking with my MCAT studies. This is motivation!

Personally I'm not looking for a wife in pod school. Brotherman just wants to have some fun and try new things.

Can you comment on the diversity? The pool is like 90% Caucasian, right?

Lol bro... I've been slacking with my MCAT studies. This is motivation!

Personally I'm not looking for a wife in pod school. Brotherman just wants to have some fun and try new things.

Can you comment on the diversity? The pool is like 90% Caucasian, right?

Lol, I am open to what ever, Kent state has an amazing group of people, even just to hang out with the guys and girls there seems like a lot of fun.
I think it was primarily Caucasian, probably a little less than 90% though, more like 70-80%

The faculty and students there are so easy to get along with.

Genuinely impressed with them.....and their anatomy lab (like holy s*** that's a nice lab).

The faculty and students there are so easy to get along with.

Genuinely impressed with them.....and their anatomy lab (like holy s*** that's a nice lab).
lol we talking about the women, son... but you're already in a relationship so just leaves more for me and Voli. :p:hardy:

The hot chicks totally make up for the crap board scores and attrition.
Keep 'em coming guys. I have no doubt Kent is where I want to go now! Saw pictures of the classes of Facebook.... can't wait!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Btw, any comments on hook up culture? Are people looking to mostly date / be serious since you're much older than undergrad? Is it common to see 3rd and 4th years dating 1st years?

Do they party and go clubbing? Beer pong? Etc.. basically what's the social scene like? Any upperclassmen care to share stories with us?

I'll hate for my 4 years experience to just be all about studying in the library, video games with roommates, and occasional events thrown by the school.

hahaha school is what you make of it. Spoke to a Kent student who even joked that they set a record for the failing stats lol

But if you're going to be a party boy, you'll be a party boy whether you're at Harvard or Bronx Community College

Btw, any comments on hook up culture? Are people looking to mostly date / be serious since you're much older than undergrad? Is it common to see 3rd and 4th years dating 1st years?

Do they party and go clubbing? Beer pong? Etc.. basically what's the social scene like? Any upperclassmen care to share stories with us?

I'll hate for my 4 years experience to just be all about studying in the library, video games with roommates, and occasional events thrown by the school.

I would like to know too,

What I can assume is yes, there are parties because they mentioned all these rows of bars in downtown Cleveland to go to. Theres also one apartment complex with a good number of students (75+) which is like a nice version of a dorm. I think 3rd and 4th year students typically spend a lot of time in rotations so that might vary.

This is a fun thread and all but don't lose sight on what is most important. Girls will come and go but this is the only chance you'll get to have a successful future. You will attend school to get good grades, kill boards, and attend residency

That being said, we have some fun. The first few weekends groups of us went and partied in downtown Cleveland. About 2-3 weeks out of exams we all really chilled out and focused hard on school. Exams are over after this week and I know a lot of us plan on celebrating pretty hard. If you come here there will always be something to do. People are fun but know how to focus when they need to

Im sure in a big town like New york, Chicago, Phillidelphia, Oakland, it may be useful, but what about some small town like Independence ohio, kent state?
If you expand your radius you can hit main campus and downtown Cleveland at the same time

Last edited:
This is a fun thread and all but don't lose sight on what is most important. Girls will come and go but this is the only chance you'll get to have a successful future. You will attend school to get good grades, kill boards, and attend residency

That being said, we have some fun. The first few weekends groups of us went and partied in downtown Cleveland. About 2-3 weeks out of exams we all really chilled out and focused hard on school. Exams are over after this week and I know a lot of us plan on celebrating pretty hard. If you come here there will always be something to do. People are fun but know how to focus when they need to

Thanks, yes I agree, and school would be the primary focus anyway. But it doesnt hurt to have a cuddle buddy I guess lol.

That sounds like a reasonable balance between parties and studies, I like it.

Thanks, yes I agree, and school would be the primary focus anyway. But it doesnt hurt to have a cuddle buddy I guess lol.

That sounds like a reasonable balance between parties and studies, I like it.

agJIP.gif

Y'all are crazy. Don't date anyone in your class. Odds are it won't work out and then you'll just be stuck awkwardly together for the next 4 years. 120 people or whatever Kent's class size is may seem large, but you'll definitely be seeing eachother everyday for a long time.

Even if it does work out, then you have to worry about couples matching for residencies. Bruh, it ain't worth it. There are plenty of pretty girls out there who aren't in your class.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using SDN mobile

Y'all are crazy. Don't date anyone in your class. Odds are it won't work out and then you'll just be stuck awkwardly together for the next 4 years. 120 people or whatever Kent's class size is may seem large, but you'll definitely be seeing eachother everyday for a long time.

Even if it does work out, then you have to worry about couples matching for residencies. Bruh, it ain't worth it. There are plenty of pretty girls out there who aren't in your class.

Lol I really respect you bobtheweazel. Im not sure if because your icon is of a grandpa and for some reason in my mind I associate your name and icon with a 60 year old grandpa. BUT. What if it does work out? youve got a roommate to share your 1 bedroom apartment, a cuddle buddy, and well maybe a rich spouse some day?

To be honest though, all my life Ive dated someone from my school, highschool, college (I think middle school cant remember). And when youre not in college its hard to meet people.

Reactions: 3 users
Hey, you do you.

I suppose I'm a bit more cautious, "what's the worst that could happen?"

And you're a bit more optimistic, "what's the best that could happen?"

Just let us know how it turns out.
:corny: :biglove::love::claps:

Hey, you do you.

Well theres a few details to this, the girl has to like you back right?
Ive been in about 7 relationships lasting from 6 years (with a few small breaks in between) to 2 years. And Im pretty proud to say to this day (and it might be ironic), I didnt end the relationship [ever], I wasnt the cause of the end of the relationship, and I took good care of all of them. Lol

Well theres a few details to this, the girl has to like you back right?
Ive been in about 7 relationships lasting from 6 years (with a few small breaks in between) to 2 years. And Im pretty proud to say to this day (and it might be ironic), I didnt end the relationship [ever], I wasnt the cause of the end of the relationship, and I took good care of all of them. Lol

Today on Missed Connections:

Eligible bachelor looking for cuddle buddy. Please apply to Kent State.

Reactions: 3 users
Today on Missed Connections:

Eligible bachelor looking for cuddle buddy. Please apply to Kent State.
alrighty folks lets calm down lol.

My only fear is I end up 26,27 and everyone is taken. It kind of feels like that right now. Every girl I knew, who was ever interested in me is taken. Heck, im a straight guy but even all the guys I know are taken lol.

Lol I really respect you bobtheweazel. Im not sure if because your icon is of a grandpa and for some reason in my mind I associate your name and icon with a 60 year old grandpa. BUT. What if it does work out? youve got a roommate to share your 1 bedroom apartment, a cuddle buddy, and well maybe a rich spouse some day?

To be honest though, all my life Ive dated someone from my school, highschool, college (I think middle school cant remember). And when youre not in college its hard to meet people.

Volli, are you me? Lol same views, bro. Same views. I also tend to think of Bob as older than he really is; partially the way he writes in his posts and how it fits his avatar as this grandfather. He's only about 27, I believe? A lot of wisdom for his age!

And it might be dangerous living together lol what happens if you fight? You get kicked out? Keep your own places and just meet up to "you know what".

@bobtheweazel - you make a solid point about being cautious. If it doesn't end well, you're stuck seeing then for a while lol but hey, so long as she doesn't sabotage your other "targets" you'll just have to learn to live with it. You can't be a manwhore without screwing up your name. I'm not there for a wife though. Just want to have a good time (when it comes to the dating scene). Hopefully they're into black guys.

My only fear is I end up 26,27 and everyone is taken. It kind of feels like that right now. Every girl I knew, who was ever interested in me is taken. Heck, im a straight guy but even all the guys I know are taken lol.
Realistically, you may not even have much time for a girlfriend once you're in school. It's a heck of a lot of work.

And regardless of how dating in school goes, you're gonna be a doctor once you're out of school. That's gonna earn you some attractiveness points for sure.

Realistically, you may not even have much time for a girlfriend once you're in school. It's a heck of a lot of work.

And regardless of how dating in school goes, you're gonna be a doctor once you're out of school. That's gonna earn you some attractiveness points for sure.

Believe me Bob, I tried it, I tried it on tinder. I think im honestly about a 6.5-7/10 on the scale. And it didnt work.
They are gonna make a movie about me being the 40 year old virgin, remake. (not a virgin but w.e bachelor )

Hey, you do you.

Both of these are very respectable choices. It's not for everyone though. I've just been screwed up over the years and have some trust issues and stuff. I think 26-30 is still quite young for a guy. I want to capitalize and have a good time while I still can.

Volli, are you me? Lol same views, bro. Same views. I also tend to think of Bob as older than he really is; partially the way he writes in his posts and how it fits his avatar as this grandfather. He's only about 27, I believe? A lot of wisdom for his age!

And it might be dangerous living together lol what happens if you fight? You get kicked out? Keep your own places and just meet up to "you know what".

@bobtheweazel - you make a solid point about being cautious. If it doesn't end well, you're stuck seeing then for a while lol but hey, so long as she doesn't sabotage your other "targets" you'll just have to learn to live with it. You can't be a manwhore without screwing up your name. I'm not there for a wife though. Just want to have a good time (when it comes to the dating scene). Hopefully they're into black guys.

I just dont see how the relationships come to end unless someone loses attraction or distance issues during school. I am always able to get through fights, believe me I just got dumped by a bipolar crazy girl who I managed to keep happy for 2 years.
I think most of my other relationships just ended because we moved schools, colleges, there was one crazy girl who was a drama queen in like the 9th grade and was making up fake chat scripts with the principal, but besides that I was pretty good.

I am indeed 27, good call.

If everybody's associating me with my avatar I'm about to change it to a young buff guy with no shirt on, lol.

There's bound to be some people who like black guys, and if it's anything like my class you'll have the black scene on lock. We've got like two black girls and no black guys in our class.

We may infact share very similar views. The only thing is Im not too much about the hook up culture at this point, I had enough of that in undergrad, and really do prefer a stable relationship. It may be because I just got out of one, although Im over it. I enjoyed hanging out with my girlfriends during free time, even during exam week just being together. Eating together, etc

Last edited:
I am indeed 27, good call.

If everybody's associating me with my avatar I'm about to change it to a young buff guy with no shirt on, lol.

There's bound to be some people who like black guys, and if it's anything like my class you'll have the black scene on lock. We've got like two black girls and no black guys in our class.

If you do that, we sure will miss our uncle Bob! ;) And I think I recall you mentioning it before that you're 27.

Wow... sounds good! But like Volli said, they'll have to like you back too lol but I can't wait to start. Aren't you at Temple? You guys don't come across the M.D., Dental, Pharm, and even undergrads? Always thought Temple usually has a larger AA crowd.

Are you not into the whole dating/hookup or you're just trying to focus on school?

Overall you sound like you have it all together. You're in charge of things. I'm even more impressed you're very active on here despite being in pod school. Super smart or good time management?

Last edited:
I just dont see how the relationships come to end unless someone loses attraction or distance issues during school. I am always able to get through fights, believe me I just got dumped by a bipolar crazy girl who I managed to keep happy for 2 years.
I think most of my other relationships just ended because we moved schools, colleges, there was one crazy girl who was a drama queen in like the 9th grade and was making up fake chat scripts with the principal, but besides that I was pretty good.
So many factors come into play with these kinds of things.

Positive here is that you know what you want, so don't settle / compromise. And I know you mentioned a certain age and being afraid to be single, but don't stress it.

Lol any more stories about the psycho ex? I love crazy women :laugh:. But 9th grade is very young. I'm surprised you even count that among your "serious" relationships.

We may infact share very similar views. The only thing is Im not too much about the hook up culture at this point, I had enough of that in undergrad, and really do prefer a stable relationship. It may be because I just got out of one, although Im over it. I enjoyed hanging out with my girlfriends during free time, even during exam week just being together. Eating together. And sleeping together (non sexually or vice versa)
yeah, hooking up is not for everyone. So make sure you two are on the same page from the on-set.

Keep your head up.

You really down with the idea of marrying a fellow pod though?

Phoot mentioning the just hooking up thing reminded me of all the horror stories of people getting kicked out of med school for having sex with a classmate and then something goes wrong (classmate feels like it was a mistake or something is done to piss them off) and then they complain to the administration that either (1) it was harassment/rape or (2) they simply don't feel comfortable with the other person in the same class. And I can tell you that every such case I've read about it's the guy that gets kicked out of school or held back a year.

I don't think this is common, I'm sure lots of people do hook up without any problems. Just be mindful of these things.

Don't pick a crazy one, lol.

yeah, hooking up is not for everyone. So make sure you two are on the same page from the on-set.

Keep your head up.

You really down with the idea of marrying a fellow pod though?

Now I wont turn down a hook up, but at this point Im not the one to go bar hopping trying to impress one. If it shows up to my door, im all open.
I havent "exactly" thought of marriage at this point, but yeah Im sitting here single, out of school for a few more weeks, and yeah its kind of hard to find people.

Currently what I have in my mind as it is, is a girlfriend at pod school, split the rent with, spend free time with, just relaxed stuff. I sort of did that with a former ex after my break up, stayed at her apartment for a few days , and it was calm and I liked it.
And when theres some extra stress and a bit of free time , you have someone in your apartment then and there to go on some "adventures with"

What the hell has this thread devolved into

Reactions: 5 users
too lazy to read the 10 new posts, give me the 1 sentence summary

My question from dating life at school has evolved to how hard would it be to find a cuddle buddy lol.

My question from dating life at school has evolved to how hard would it be to find a cuddle buddy lol.
lol unless you have very strong will, strong morals, I find it hard to believe two people who find each other attractive can just stay under the sheets and end the story at just cuddling lol .... ;)

What the hell has this thread devolved into
lol this topic doesn't seem to get much mention at all. Ever. I'm not sure if it's SDN or people are too focused on studying to "scratch" the body's "natural itch".

Age could be a factor too, I guess. Most people are more older and matured so maybe they control their desires a little better?

lol unless you have very strong will, strong morals, I find it hard to believe two people who find each other attractive can just stay under the sheets and end the story at just cuddling lol .... ;)

I just thought of a nother great reason, if you date an upper term student, a year or 2 ahead of you, free notes and materials!

I just thought of a nother great reason, if you date an upper term student, a year or 2 ahead of you, free notes and materials!

And then they graduate and get sent off to another state for residency. You never deal with them ever again! Brilliant! #commitmentfree

And then they graduate and get sent off to another state for residency. You never deal with them ever again! Brilliant! #commitmentfree

Thats one way of looking at it, OR staying together and, having that extra cash when youre a starving resident :D

Status
Not open for further replies.