1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

what's the deal? columbia extending deadlines?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by mvervaine, Oct 16, 2002.

1. mvervaine

mvervaine Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

does anyone know why columbia is extending the deadline for app submission?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Samoa

Physician Pharmacist 10+ Year Member

It's because I haven't finished mine, yet. :p :D

4. mvervaine

mvervaine Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

sounds legit to me :)

5. mystic_b

mystic_b Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Hey, I thought it was because I haven't submitted mine yet! Just burst my bubble, why don't you? :( ;)

6. theshinning

theshinning Junior Member

How far did they extend the deadline? Hmmm...

My guess is that they're making up for lost time, since the application went online a few weeks later than their website had claimed.

7. Bounty

Bounty 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

Haha i had pretty much decided that it was too late to do it. Then I got the first extension email and I was like, okay thats a sign, I should do it. Then I got the second extension email and I was like, ok now I should REALLY do it.

Funny thing is, I still haven't done the app. :( Someone kick my lazy arse!!!

8. secretstang19

secretstang19 Member
    7+ Year Member

Huh???

I'm a little behind the news here - could someone fill me in?

Does this mean that it might not be too late for me to submit an AMCAS to Columbia? I'm a statistically strong applicant, I think, and I was contemplating applying to one more school before all the deadlines pass. How much is the secondary fee? Will I just be wasting my money?

Any info would be appreciated!

9. mvervaine

mvervaine Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

secretstang,

columbia doesn't use AMCAS. you can access their application (there's only one, no secondary) online from their webpage (follow the links), and i can't remember how much the fee is...but not much different from any other school, i'd imagine...

http://cpmcnet.columbia.edu/dept/ps/

you should definitely apply. columbia interviews a great deal more people than from other schools which is great, esp since you are statistically strong, and while their acceptance rate isn't spectacular (which med school's is?), it is not bad (prob because they are non-amcas columbia tends to get less applications than other top 10 schools)...

hope this helps.

10. mystic_b

mystic_b Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Dude, I had my Columbia app almost all filled out and I was just finishing the "Satisfactions as a Physician" essay off-line, and now when I log-in, everything I entered is gone!!!! Is that why they pushed the deadline back??

11. mystic_b

mystic_b Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Oops, disregard the last post. I logged into Columbia's system using my Hopkins pin number (they use the same database) and it didn't give me any warning or error, but just had blank forms. :rolleyes: Silly me.