Whats the deal with angle ranking?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mouthcracker

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious guys,

What's the deal with angle ranking? I heard some saying that it is okey to put the two pencils on the computer screen during the test to measure the angle while some strickly say NO.

What is the best way to crack this section?

Also, I have been practising angle ranking on my laptop but my center has 15" old fashioned CRT monitors. Would that make any difference?

Members don't see this ad.

I practiced on a 20" LCD screen and never missed a question. The 15" CRT in the testing center did make it a lot harder.

Also if you look at the ADA testing guidelines no measuring devices of any kind are allowed including pencils or using your fingers.

I never missed any angle ranking questions on my practice tests. And I can assure you that I missed over half on my DAT. Be prepared for a major downsize on the screen size and clarity. The lines were jagged and that also made it more difficult. It is also tecnically not 'legal' to use measuring devices of any type on the DAT.