What's the deal with California schools Secondaries?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Allie86

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Stanford, UCLA, and UC-SF .. anyone know what the deal is with their secondaries? besides the fact that they screen.. by e-mail, or snail mail? anyone get any?\

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Check the "Secondaries that are Already Out (07) thread."

Allie86 said:
Stanford, UCLA, and UC-SF .. anyone know what the deal is with their secondaries? besides the fact that they screen.. by e-mail, or snail mail? anyone get any?\

Thanks!
I do not think Stanford screens. That said, I do not have an MSAR on me.

Members don't see this ad :)
for whatever reason, cali schools just like to wait before they send their stuff out. if they have screens they arent that stringent, and i am pretty sure stanford doesnt screen at all.

they have that whole 'laid-back' reputation going, perhaps they like to fancy themselves that way and wish to perpetuate the idea.

modelslashactor said:
they have that whole 'laid-back' reputation going, perhaps they like to fancy themselves that way and wish to perpetuate the idea.

lol even the schools?

modelslashactor said:
for whatever reason, cali schools just like to wait before they send their stuff out. if they have screens they arent that stringent, and i am pretty sure stanford doesnt screen at all.

I would not say that they are laid-back, they are just SLOW and unorganized (I am talking about UC schools, USC seemed to be efficient, have no idea about Stanford). They love to take their time, because they know they will get the best applicants anyways due to location and just the number of Cali applicants. Even if you call them you won't get much info, it is always the same answer: "wait, secondary/interview/decisions will be mailed/e-mailed shortly". Plus, I think that they have less people working in admission office than priovate schools do.

its a time zone issue, I think its still June out there.

quantummechanic said:
its a time zone issue, I think its still June out there.

Good one, That's why i keep missing TNT movies.