whats the deal with columbia's secondary?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mdavid

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Why do they make you repeat the whole primary (coursework ect.). What a waste of timeand money. Why did they join AMCAS is they dont even use the primary?

Members don't see this ad.

mdavid said:
Why do they make you repeat the whole primary (coursework ect.). What a waste of timeand money. Why did they join AMCAS is they dont even use the primary?

Have you gotten a secondary from them already? or where do you have that info from- they only just joined AMCAS this year so they may change it up...
If you have gotten the secondary from them then don't mind me- :oops: dont know why they are wasting our time!

mdavid said:

They still think AMCAS is a load of crap. They only joined because they weren't getting enough qualified applicants without it.

It was a bad idea for them because now they're gonna get another few thousand to screen who don't even know what P&S is.

Members don't see this ad :)
infinite_dreams said:
Have you gotten a secondary from them already? or where do you have that info from- they only just joined AMCAS this year so they may change it up...
If you have gotten the secondary from them then don't mind me- :oops: dont know why they are wasting our time!

They joined AMCAS one or two years ago. I remember going through the same thing when I applied. Also, I'm pretty sure that P&S wasn't the only school that had me enter my grades all over again - so you have that to look forward to :D . Look at it this way, an extra 0.5 hrs on an application is small potatoes in the overall scheme of the application process.

infinite_dreams said:

I didnt get a response but you can do it online before they send you anything. You need to make an account...Go to their website youll see it there.

so anyone who applied to columbia can fill out their secondary? you don't have to be specially invited? how much is their seconday fee?

I concur! This secondary is horrible. It asks for much of all the same info as AMCAS, and, you need to send another transcript. What's the point? :mad: +pissed+