What's the deal with Maryland?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GolferGirl

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I interviewed at Maryland on Feb. 14th. Their last day of interviews was March 15th. I still haven't heard yet, and every time I call they say my application is still "pending". Is that just their nice way of saying I've been rejected? Does anyone know if their class is full?

Members don't see this ad.

Their class is pretty much full. Second deposits are due on april 1st for all students. After that, they will probably have a few spots open (for those that made first deposit, but then decided not to attend) and you will probably get accepted (if you have good stats and just applied late). Just hang in there and good luck!

I interviewed at Maryland in dec. and they gave the impression that we would only hear from them if we were accepted or out right rejected. Otherwise they keep you in limbo until they decide if they have the spots or not. I got accepted, paid the first deposit, but then withdrew last week or the week before. So at least one spot opened up. Good Luck.