Whats the deal with NBME Assesment???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FirstMANdown

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Everybody Keeps talking about how will they did with Step 3 scores vs UW% but, none of you people talk about how well you did with the NBME assessment score vs the actual Step 3 score! Does anybody even take that damn assessment test!?

I scored 420 with no correlation sheet provided by our loving NBME institute for Step 3. Is it the same as Step 2?????? This is a whole lot of BS.
NBME VS Step 3(actual)-Anybody, Please!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I got a 430 on it one month before the exam. I'm thinking I would have scored better after that extra month of studying. Or at least I hope I would. I averaged about 55% on UW.

I guess I'll find out when I get my results back how the two correlate.

:thumbdown:

Scored a 450 on the NBME practice exam two weeks before the exam. Just took the exam this week. I'll let you know how I did in a few weeks.

Well, I don't have an answer to the original question, but am curious as well. I got a 450 on the NBME practice exam a week before the actual exam (took 2 weeks ago). So I'll get my score in a couple of weeks most likely.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, I don't have an answer to the original question, but am curious as well. I got a 450 on the NBME practice exam a week before the actual exam (took 2 weeks ago). So I'll get my score in a couple of weeks most likely.

I Have my doubts about the NBME and actual score correlation being accurate. I suspect that if it was, more people would be posting. My suspicion is that whatever the the NBME assessment score is the actual score for most people is disappointingly lower. :idea:

No feedback so far.:mad:
I just scored a 430 on NMBE . Got my exam date is coming up soon. Planning to score highly on CCS . Will see once I get my results.

the exam is doable, just don t rush to take it before taking a self assesment.

Last edited: