domsport

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 3, 2003
Status (Visible)
I have recieved and submitted all secondaries and have been invited for three interview thus far...and not even a secondary from NYCOM. I called the admissions office and the secretary very rudely said "we dont give secondaries to everybody" and hung up! I tried to e-mail the director of admissions several times with no response. Im a little confused, I would like to complete my file with them ASAP. Unless they really dont like me? I feel competitive... Masters of Science 3.8, MCAT 27, Undergrad 3.4 Any insight wouold be appreciated.

Thanks

tkim

10 cc's cordrazine
15+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2002
New England
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
NYCOM is refreshing in that they only require a secondary application *if* you are invited for an interview. No form to fill out, no fee to pay - unless they already have enough interest in you to invite for interview.

- Tae

About the Ads

madmax822

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 29, 2003
Long Island
Status (Visible)
Hey Domsport:

NYCOM isn't mailing out their invitations for interviews until sometime in October (probably middle of the month?). The actual interviews start in November. Once you get the invite in the mail, you need to call the admissions office up and schedule an appointment for your interview. On the interview day, I suggest bringing a resume/CV and your AACOMAS app to help you fill out the secondary. I think you'll also be expected to explain why you want to be a DO/why you want to attend NYCOM.

If you have any other questions - feel free to ask!

Good luck on your other interviews!

domsport

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 3, 2003
Status (Visible)
Thanks for all the help...you guys are great...the support on this forum is really cool!

PublicHealth

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2003
Status (Visible)
When do you send in your recommendation letters?

Do you simply bring them in with you to the interview?

madmax822

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 29, 2003
Long Island
Status (Visible)
Hey Smileyfree:

Of course you know me.....you're the President of the "I adore Madmax Fan Club!" hehehe. Hope your studying is going well! :D :D

Public Health:

I suggest sending in your lor's ASAP, that way your file will be complete prior to your interview date. Good luck applying. Let me know if you have any other questions!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.