What's the deal with valuemd.com's forum users?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

osteohopeful09

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
they are some of the most negative pre-med and med school kids i've come across. I've been lurking in their forum for a while now, and the way the kids act on the "big 4" (big 3, w/e) forums is atrocious. so much negativity. If I only had the choice of attending a Caribbean school, and came across valuemd forums, I'd walk away very depressed.

Members don't see this ad.

they are some of the most negative pre-med and med school kids i've come across. I've been lurking in their forum for a while now, and the way the kids act on the "big 4" (big 3, w/e) forums is atrocious. so much negativity. If I only had the choice of attending a Caribbean school, and came across valuemd forums, I'd walk away very depressed.

Beause we all know how osteopathic medicine is oooohhh sooooo better

Members don't see this ad :)

Yes, some are horribly negative and get a power rush by putting others down. Then there are others who give honest, no BS responses. It's really up to you how to take it.

I would suggest taking everything on that forum with a BIG grain of salt. Everyone has different experiences and they may not be the same for you.

The Caribbean section of SDN isn't exactly sunshine and flowers either. Not sure if it's like the above poster said that they want to put down people or if it's because they're also very negative themself and have very low level self-confidence.

But we can all generally agree that the negativity does have a grain of truth in it, just exaggerated to a disgusting degree.