What's the deal??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premyo2002

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know two people that are taking the mcat in April, and they have already decided to take the august one also. Please tell me these people are the only pre-meds doing this sort of thing.
Would anyone like to offer a reason, besides stupidity, why they would do this??
I asked one person, and she/he said, "I know im going to do bad in April, so im gonna take it in august also"
arrrgggg

Members don't see this ad.

i have heard of many people who take the MCAT unprepared and say..."let me see how I will do it on it first" or " i want to see how it is like"

whats the point? 200 dollars down the drain and a bad record?

don't worry so much about what others will do. take the exam if you are ready. if you wait until august, your app will be delayed for two months or so. you might not want to be in that situation. again, if you are ready, take it and apply EARLY. good luck.

Generally I like people and when they are doing something stupid, I like to figure out why? I personally will not re-take the mcat under any circumstance. I know I will do fine and get accepted somewhere, eventually. I was wondering if anyone here has some insight.
I think kegal knows where I'm coming from..

Members don't see this ad :)
It would always be better to score high in August and be late than to score low in April and be early.

Originally posted by WonderBoy
:laugh: Man, I have heard that soo many times. But people change their tunes real quick when they get those low twenties.

I hope I wont score in the low twenties, and I sincerly doubt I will. I'm not trying to sound arrogant, I just do not want to put myself through this hell again.

I've made up my mind that I'm retaking it in August and my mindset is, " I can always do better with 4 months to study."

Mrs. mot.

Have you already taken the mcat? the people I am talking about haven't even taken it yet.. They plan on bombing the first time.