whats the easiest dental school to get into

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hockey_man

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What dental schools are easy to get into, and what schools offer a six year program? 2 years or under grad and then dental school?

Members don't see this ad.

Howard has the lowest DAT and GPA averages, so it might not be too difficult to get into. Sometimes your instate school will be a good bet, unless you are from California. Too much competitition here!

howui3 said:
Howard has the lowest DAT and GPA averages, so it might not be too difficult to get into. Sometimes your instate school will be a good bet, unless you are from California. Too much competitition here!

What are some schools that have a six year program. under-grad and dental school combined.

Members don't see this ad :)
hockey_man said:
What are some schools that have a six year program. under-grad and dental school combined.
UMKC has a 6 year program and so does UMICH. However, neither are easy to get into.

The 6 year program at UMKC doesn't exist anymore. From what I know, it has just recently been phased out.

The_Baron said:
UMKC has a 6 year program and so does UMICH. However, neither are easy to get into.

The_Baron said:

Actually, UMKC's 6 year program ended about three years ago. This year's 4th years are the last people to go through it.

University of Buffalo Dental School has a 7 year program with a few schools in New York. Tufts, i think BU, NYU and Penn all have programs through their undergrads, and Penn also has a similar setup with Villanova and Lehigh.

Jaws said:
Actually, UMKC's 6 year program ended about three years ago. This year's 4th years are the last people to go through it.
Thanks for the info. I didn't realize, I only learned about the 6 year program when I was there on my interview. I talked with 4 4th years and 2 or 4 went through the 6 year program and I just assumed it was still going.

Am I mistaken, or are there not a whole lot of people from UMKC that are on this forum? I have only heard from you and one other person that is going to be in my class.

hockey_man said:
What dental schools are easy to get into, and what schools offer a six year program? 2 years or under grad and then dental school?
For starters, University of the Pacific has a 3 year DDS (expensive + SanFran). And I hear that they have a 5 year program for "specaily qualified" applicants. It would be a good start to look there.

The_Baron said:

wrong and wrong, neither has a 6 year program

It is almost amazing how much this question is asked. I believe that anyone can gain admission to dental school, but they are all hard as hell to make it of.

the easiest d-school to get into is BinLadin's madrassa of dentistry of Afghanistan University in kabul.....they have an integrated program with Harvard. be sure to apply there, but their DAT requirement is also high ...you have to have at least an 8 on every section ..... :smuggrin: :smuggrin: :D :D :D :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

fightingspirit said:
the easiest d-school to get into is BinLadin's madrassa of dentistry of Afghanistan University in kabul.....they have an integrated program with Harvard. be sure to apply there, but their DAT requirement is also high ...you have to have at least an 8 on every section ..... :smuggrin: :smuggrin: :D :D :D :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ok, that was lame

University of Huron----check it out