What's the highest salary you've personally heard of?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What's the highest salary you've personally heard of for an associate general dentist and/or general dentist who owns his practice? Also, state what city the dentist works in. Please only answer if you knew the dentist from firsthand experiences.
Just was at a conference with dental attorneys, gp docs, dental insurance, and dental accountants, as well as bankers. They kept mentioning an associate that was making 600k and weren't joking. In the Midwest somewhere. They made fun of him because he got greedy and wanted to own part of practice and now bought his job. Only making 200k now.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
This subject has been talked to death. For every dentist making $500k, there's several struggling to get by in a failing practice they refuse to let go of.

I know of a dentist that takes home close to $800k from a single practice. He is in a severely rural, under-served area with a very low dentist to patient ratio. He goes to the hospital once a week to extract teeth on medicare pedo patients (this one day alone covers his weekly overhead).
He does not live a flashy life. He drives a decent truck, lives in a modest house, but owns a lot of land that he hunts on.

A friend of mine shadowed him before dental school, and I follow him on Dental Town. He is open about his production, and is also openly worried about capacity. He is worried that he can't schedule all of the patients that need his help because he is booked out for a long time. He wants to bring in a partner or associate, or open a second location.

Everyone says if you go practice where you're needed, you'll be successful. He truly believes this and it has paid off for him.

Reactions: 1 users
This subject has been talked to death. For every dentist making $500k, there's several struggling to get by in a failing practice they refuse to let go of.

I know of a dentist that takes home close to $800k from a single practice. He is in a severely rural, under-served area with a very low dentist to patient ratio. He goes to the hospital once a week to extract teeth on medicare pedo patients (this one day alone covers his weekly overhead).
He does not live a flashy life. He drives a decent truck, lives in a modest house, but owns a lot of land that he hunts on.

A friend of mine shadowed him before dental school, and I follow him on Dental Town. He is open about his production, and is also openly worried about capacity. He is worried that he can't schedule all of the patients that need his help because he is booked out for a long time. He wants to bring in a partner or associate, or open a second location.

Everyone says if you go practice where you're needed, you'll be successful. He truly believes this and it has paid off for him.
What state?

Hmm.... Like Benjamin button ?

Reactions: 1 user
What it comes down to is % collections, more you produce, better bargaining chip you have. More rural you are, the more likely its fee for service.

$250k Texas area right out of school....if u r wondering how I believed that....well she is my sister in law...still paying her student loans as its been a year since she graduated fro DS.
What part of texas?

Reactions: 1 user