What's the highest SVI score you've seen from applicants?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AlmostAnMD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Had a couple 24's, no 25's yet.

Comparing the 24 to the 4 (watched a few of the videos) I'm not seeing a 4th percentile difference to 95th percentile differnce, other than maybe the 4 was (possibly) high while making the video. Which in my mind makes him the 24.

Dying to see what a "perfect" video interview looks like but overall these seem like a waste of time so far

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
The fu_k you talking about?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I thought you meant Stroke Volume Index and you were hooking all the applicants up to art lines and Flo-Trak.

Probably just as useful information as most of the other crap on the applications.

Reactions: 2 users
I thought you meant Stroke Volume Index and you were hooking all the applicants up to art lines and Flo-Trak.

Probably just as useful information as most of the other crap on the applications.

Don't need residents drowning in their own edema when they need to be sewing lacs and putting in lines

Reactions: 1 user
I still have no idea what they talking about.
New AAMC requirement for all EM applicants. A third party company, HireVue, conducts recorded webcam interviews where applicants are asked standardized behavioral questions, given 30 seconds to come up with a response, and 3 minutes to record the response. Repeat for a total of 6 questions. You just speak into the camera, and some HireVue HR professional watches the recording at a later date and assigns you a score.

AAMC might try rolling this out to other specialties in future application cycles.

New AAMC requirement for all EM applicants. A third party company, HireVue, conducts recorded webcam interviews where applicants are asked standardized behavioral questions, given 30 seconds to come up with a response, and 3 minutes to record the response. Repeat for a total of 6 questions. You just speak into the camera, and some HireVue HR professional watches the recording at a later date and assigns you a score.

AAMC might try rolling this out to other specialties in future application cycles.

Thanks for the explanation.

Is this any good? It doesn't sound like it to me.... But what are applicant thoughts on this?

Thanks for the explanation.

Is this any good? It doesn't sound like it to me.... But what are applicant thoughts on this?

I think it should have been piloted as a study first for several years, the data not released to residency programs but kept and studied by an independent 3rd party, and then retrospectively (3? 5 years?) analyzed to see if any correlation between SVI score and resident performance benchmarks of interest.

I would much rather that programs perform Skype interviews to weed through most of the applicants and then come up with a list of who should be interviewed in person.

Another businessman that knows how to sell water to a drowning man.

Another doorway to letting businessman determine our future without our input and get paid for it. We need an EM doc with business acumen to go up against this company.

My problem is the scoring. If it was just video then I don't have a problem with that.

Last edited:
The sick joke is they want to use computer programs to grade the videos hahahaha

There is no effing way nepotism or kickbacks weren't involved in the implementation of this garbage. Typically, change doesn't happen without constituents to push it. It sounds like EM residencies were not the ones who came up with and pushed this crap. Applicants most certainly weren't the driving force...lol!

That leaves the AAMC and HireVue. The AAMC is not the consumer of the HireVue "product" and on the face of it has no reason to butt rape its customers-medical students-just for the fun of it. This means the only entity that really had anything to gain is HireVue itself-hey, the financial lifeblood of people going into medicine is already being drained to the tune of tens of billions a year by medical schools, student loan companies, CMGs, Hospital Systems etc, why not join the fun by forcing them to subsidize our $hitty service, too? Once the parasite determines its next victim it's relatively straightforward to team up with other parasites-the AAMC management-to facilitate the infection.

How much did it take? I bet the AAMC bureaucrats sell themselves cheaply. Maybe it took nothing more than a fancy dinner and some petty compliments. Worst case scenario they had to promise some AAMC suits a lucrative "consulting" engagement or two in a few years time.

There is no effing way nepotism or kickbacks weren't involved in the implementation of this garbage. Typically, change doesn't happen without constituents to push it. It sounds like EM residencies were not the ones who came up with and pushed this crap. Applicants most certainly weren't the driving force...lol!

That leaves the AAMC and HireVue. The AAMC is not the consumer of the HireVue "product" and on the face of it has no reason to butt rape its customers-medical students-just for the fun of it. This means the only entity that really had anything to gain is HireVue itself-hey, the financial lifeblood of people going into medicine is already being drained to the tune of tens of billions a year by medical schools, student loan companies, CMGs, Hospital Systems etc, why not join the fun by forcing them to subsidize our $hitty service, too? Once the parasite determines its next victim it's relatively straightforward to team up with other parasites-the AAMC management-to facilitate the infection.

How much did it take? I bet the AAMC bureaucrats sell themselves cheaply. Maybe it took nothing more than a fancy dinner and some petty compliments. Worst case scenario they had to promise some AAMC suits a lucrative "consulting" engagement or two in a few years time.

I spoke with the AAMC representatives at SAEM who gave their little talk on it and they seemed to be under the impression they were doing good in the world because applicants and residency programs have just been screaming for a more personable part of the application vs. just test scores. In short you're probably right.

I spoke with the AAMC representatives at SAEM who gave their little talk on it and they seemed to be under the impression they were doing good in the world because applicants and residency programs have just been screaming for a more personable part of the application vs. just test scores. In short you're probably right.

Makes sense that they would have computers grade personal interactions since we spend most our time interacting with computers