What's The Latest Date To Submit App To AACOMAS & Make 2/1 Deadline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mother

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hope someone can clarify my question. I submitted my application to AACOMAS on 1/3/08 and paid simultaneously. My MCATS have been received and appear on 1/4/08. I faxed requests for transcripts today and suspect the schools will process them on 1/7 or 1/8. Is there much chance for my primary applications to be received by the stated 2/1 deadline? I know everything will be received at AACOMAS in time but I just realized that the deadline is likely the date established by the school. I have spent so many hours picking and choosing that I am afraid I may have lost my chance. Please give me your impressions and any suggestions that may help. Do the schools consider the date the application is received at AACOMAS or is it only the date the application is at the school? Does it help to call the schools now and talk to admissions? Thank you.:( :cry:

Members don't see this ad.

im pretty sure you can submit your aacomas all the way up until 2/01 and no matter how long it takes to be verified you will still be OK. someone correct me if im wrong.

Every school has a deadline for receiving your primary app. For example the Midwestern's (both campuses) have a deadline of January 1st for the primary application. As of now, schools have not received your primary application, so you've already missed the deadline for some schools.

Check out page 20 here:
http://www.aacom.org/resources/bookstore/cib/Documents/cib2008.pdf The link may take a while to load.

When your application says "processed and mailed" the schools should receive your application in about a week. The schools are the ones implementing the deadline, so make sure they physically have your primary application from AACOMAS by the next deadline, which is Feb. 1st. I would rush those transcripts so AACOMAS can start verifying.

Good Luck :luck: