What's the latest to take DAT for 2013 cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mardr2b

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know when is the latest I can take my DAT to make it in time for 2013 cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

Technically the earlier you can take it the better it is, but I would recommend taking it when you are ready. Generally anytime before the first or second week of august you'll be on a good timeline. Don't wait till august though, and definitely don't take it if you don't feel ready. If so you are just going to waste a bunch of money, and another year of your time, all because of a low score which could've been better if you studied for one or two more weeks.

Members don't see this ad :)
So if I take it in the beginning of Sept is that considered late? I think I may just have to deal with it being "late" though because I don't want to jeopardize my score, like you said (wasting a year etc etc). Thanks!

I was just talking to my buddy who got into dental school last year. He said that you could technically take it anytime before the deadline, but the earlier it is the better it is. September doesn't sound too late, but keep in mind that some schools begin interviewing as early as late september or early october. Thats what I heard but idk how legit it is. I set mine up for next week and I'm debating if I should postpone it for a week or two because my practice exams are coming up short of the 20 mark. Like I said the earlier the better, but if you are not ready, don't take it. Take some practice exams and they should be a good basis on how you might do in the actual exam. No matter what its up to you. Only you can make your own future. Good luck.