What's the "New" MCAT Going to be like?

rCubed

taiko master
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2002
NY
    i know they're gonna change the order that the exam's given in, so verbal won't be first

and i also think they're gonna make the verbal section a little shorter, so u have less questions but the same amount of time, but i know they're also gonna change that section so that the maximum can get will be 15, not 13-15.

i doubt it'll be harder, if anything, i've heard that its being made easier

About the Ads

fuzzwinkle11

7+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Jun 11, 2002
    Kansas City
    1. Medical Student
      From aamc.org:
      "An Updated MCAT Is Coming!
      In 2003, minor changes will be made to the MCAT. A few organic chemistry questions will be replaced by questions on DNA and genetics, the Verbal Reasoning (VR) section will have five fewer questions, it will be possible to achieve a 14 or 15 on the VR, and a total score will be reported (e.g., 45T). PS will become the first section of the day, followed by VR."

hope they have more information on practice problems, format changes, time limits, etc....

Anyone know where to find out more about this?

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.