what's the percentage of AMG/IMG in the CCF IM program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

matchplease99

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Just curious what's the percentage of the residents are there in the CCF IM residency program?

The program is fabulous and the reputation of CCF is highly-recognized ! What's the reason that AMGs are less represented in the program? Just because of the location or there are other concerns ?

Thank you for your input!

Members don't see this ad.

The reason is that the program is not as fabulous or highly regarded as you think it is.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone,

Just curious what's the percentage of the residents are there in the CCF IM residency program?

The program is fabulous and the reputation of CCF is highly-recognized ! What's the reason that AMGs are less represented in the program? Just because of the location or there are other concerns ?

Well first and foremost, it is in Cleveland which isn't all that highly regarded of a city. If CCF were in Boston or NYC, it would be super competitive. This would mean there would be 100% AMGs.

Leadership tends to be open minded about FMGs. Compare this to those Boston or NYC programs which aren't.

CCF is well regarded because of its specialties rather than the IM program itself. While you are exposed to these specialties and rotate through some of their services, it is not as resident run on these services as some other places.

Hello everyone,

When I interviewed it was about 60:40::Amg:img

Large dogs

Well first and foremost, it is in Cleveland which isn't all that highly regarded of a city. If CCF were in Boston or NYC, it would be super competitive. This would mean there would be 100% AMGs.

Leadership tends to be open minded about FMGs. Compare this to those Boston or NYC programs which aren't.

CCF is well regarded because of its specialties rather than the IM program itself. While you are exposed to these specialties and rotate through some of their services, it is not as resident run on these services as some other places.

There are plenty of programs in less desirable locations that still match nearly 100% AMG. Take Wash U, Hopkins, id even argue Columbia (in a bad area of NYC), Michigan etc. CCF is regarded as a program that is highly fellow driven. Meaning when someone comes in they get a ton of consults and the consulting teams drive the plan. Likewise, most of the fellowship programs are regarded as some of the best clinical training possible because the volume they see is just insane. I think Mayo also has a similar feel to it as well. Still a great training program and can be a great door into their fellowship program after.

There are plenty of programs in less desirable locations that still match nearly 100% AMG. Take Wash U, Hopkins, id even argue Columbia (in a bad area of NYC), Michigan etc. CCF is regarded as a program that is highly fellow driven. Meaning when someone comes in they get a ton of consults and the consulting teams drive the plan. Likewise, most of the fellowship programs are regarded as some of the best clinical training possible because the volume they see is just insane. I think Mayo also has a similar feel to it as well. Still a great training program and can be a great door into their fellowship program after.

LOL Columbia is by no means in a ''bad" area of NYC. Working class, yes. Bad? No.

Reactions: 1 user
LOL Columbia is by no means in a ''bad" area of NYC. Working class, yes. Bad? No.

I'll admit my ignorance on this issue but compared to the other programs I'd say the area isn't as nice. That and I met a sizable portion of the residents I met commuted from other areas of NYC so I assume the area isn't as nice.

I'll admit my ignorance on this issue but compared to the other programs I'd say the area isn't as nice. That and I met a sizable portion of the residents I met commuted from other areas of NYC so I assume the area isn't as nice.

The area is working class and primarily Spanish-speaking, which doesn't necessarily appeal to the majority of CUMC residents who tend to be monolingual White people of wealthy backgrounds who grew up in suburbs.