Feb 28, 2010
Status
Dentist
i want to know what is the idea about caapid if the uop need ece and the caapid needed also and we must send 227 for the adea as an application fee and then every school need seperate fees for application
  1. if they do not trust the ECE why they need it .
  2. what is the purpose? when we do the ECE they need all the transcript the originals and copies and when they give the report that mean they are legal and trusted .so why the universities need our transcript like for san francisco they need it from school that you graduated sealed so many country they dont offer something like that for their student. i think its just wasting of money and effort.
please someone if know the idea about caapid just verify

thank you

Sep 25, 2009
Jersey City, NJ
Status
Dental Student
well...at times the gpa doesn give the complete picture...and schools can get bettr idea abt the acedamic record if they see the individual marks on the transcript...for eg...a student gets 65/100 in all subjects..his/her gpa wud b 4.0 since all are 1st divs...and a student has say 75/100 in 16 subs and 63/100(2nd div) in 3 subs..den d gpa wud fall..so who wud u consider a bettr studnt??...

Jul 13, 2009
Status
Dentist
The whole thing is ... we are paying caapid on the name of "centralized application system"... and we still have to pay individual univerisities saparately, send national board saparately, toefl saparately, and some places even ece saparately all over again....

This is a stupid way of the dental associations to make money .... i used to send the same application packet by USPS for 4 - 5 $ and now will end up paying 70 $ for sending it through so called CAAPID..... WOW...They are making the system confusing day by day...

hant

7+ Year Member
Sep 14, 2009
Status
The whole thing is ... we are paying caapid on the name of "centralized application system"... and we still have to pay individual univerisities saparately, send national board saparately, toefl saparately, and some places even ece saparately all over again....

This is a stupid way of the dental associations to make money .... i used to send the same application packet by USPS for 4 - 5 $ and now will end up paying 70 $ for sending it through so called CAAPID..... WOW...They are making the system confusing day by day...
it is nothing more than increasing their revenue, it is so confusing even after caapid application schools have their own requirements n ofcourse application fee!What a waste of .... but then we don't have any choice.

oralcare123

7+ Year Member
Apr 13, 2010
Status
Agree.They jyst want more money.Almost lost my mind preparing one application package!

Feb 28, 2010
Status
Dentist
well...at times the gpa doesn give the complete picture...and schools can get bettr idea abt the acedamic record if they see the individual marks on the transcript...for eg...a student gets 65/100 in all subjects..his/her gpa wud b 4.0 since all are 1st divs...and a student has say 75/100 in 16 subs and 63/100(2nd div) in 3 subs..den d gpa wud fall..so who wud u consider a bettr studnt??...
you know how the caapid work?
i mean if i send the ECE and 3 recommendations that is and they will send it to many schools or i must send for every school different recommendation and ECE? please clarify if you know
bec i want to apply for uop pen san francisco and nyu all of them need caapid

Sep 25, 2009
Jersey City, NJ
Status
Dental Student
you know how the caapid work?
i mean if i send the ECE and 3 recommendations that is and they will send it to many schools or i must send for every school different recommendation and ECE? please clarify if you know
bec i want to apply for uop pen san francisco and nyu all of them need caapid
Hi..no u just need to send one ece and 3 letters of recommendation to caapid and they will send copies of it to every one...and just go through the requirements of additional documents required by each university...

Jan 19, 2010
Status
Q regarding notarizing the degree certificate and transcripts that u send to individual college.
I went to a notary today and she refused to notarize the photocopies of the above documents. She said she does not know if the documents are original or not. How did you guys get the copies notarized?

twinklestar123

5+ Year Member
May 16, 2009
Status
They take a copy of your original certificate and notarize it saying that it is the copy of the original and sign it.You can take it to your bank and they will do it for free.

Feb 28, 2010
Status
Dentist
They take a copy of your original certificate and notarize it saying that it is the copy of the original and sign it.You can take it to your bank and they will do it for free.
i went to the bank that i have account with them but they refuse to do notorize the transcript they say its not bank work or related .
how you do it in the bank?

dentsam

7+ Year Member
Sep 26, 2009
Status
Dentist
Hello everyone, I got my NBDE 1 results it was 85, les than waht i wanted but thats my final score, can't retake it. my question is Is there a chance that i could accepted at any university, i dont care where, can someone tell me where will be my better chance to apply, thanks for reading.

Note, tofel not yet, gpa 2.9. gpa here in usa for 2 years of study in general scince 3.8( i dont know if this one will help?

Sep 25, 2009
Jersey City, NJ
Status
Dental Student
i went to the bank that i have account with them but they refuse to do notorize the transcript they say its not bank work or related .
how you do it in the bank?
welll u are suppose to take your original along with you and show them the original along with the copy...go to bank of america..or else try fedex...

Jan 19, 2010
Status
When i went to the bank to get the documents notarized, i was made to write on a paper that i have made copies of these 2 original documents and the lady notarized the statement that i wrote and not the physical copies. Is this what you all have done? or the documents were attested by the notary? Thanks in advance.

Sep 25, 2009
Jersey City, NJ
Status
Dental Student
When i went to the bank to get the documents notarized, i was made to write on a paper that i have made copies of these 2 original documents and the lady notarized the statement that i wrote and not the physical copies. Is this what you all have done? or the documents were attested by the notary? Thanks in advance.
when i went to bank of america...they made me write on the photocopy.."this is a true copy of the original" and made me sign it..(not on a separate sheet)..and then they notarized it

Feb 28, 2010
Status
Dentist
when i went to bank of america...they made me write on the photocopy.."this is a true copy of the original" and made me sign it..(not on a separate sheet)..and then they notarized it
hi i went to bank of america but they refuse to do it they said you will apply to universety not for work paper in bank and they refuse to do it please can you told me for what you said i need the notery
thank you

Sep 25, 2009
Jersey City, NJ
Status
Dental Student
hmm thats wierd...i had told them i need to apply for dental schools and that i needed notarization and they did it without any hassle...why dont you try another bracnh...else u can go to fedex..they take money but atleast your work will be done

Jan 26, 2010
Status
Dental Student
Hello everyone, I got my NBDE 1 results it was 85, les than waht i wanted but thats my final score, can't retake it. my question is Is there a chance that i could accepted at any university, i dont care where, can someone tell me where will be my better chance to apply, thanks for reading.

Note, tofel not yet, gpa 2.9. gpa here in usa for 2 years of study in general scince 3.8( i dont know if this one will help?
hello dentsam, u did a 2 years of undergraduate scince courses in usa or u did a master of science ? can u make it clear . thx

Feb 28, 2010
Status
Dentist
please what is the meaning of (employer) is it where i work the name of company or what

BENNY4567

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2008
Status
Dental Student
pls let me know if u have started filling CAAPID application for 2010, i have not received any email from them regarding start of new applications. pls do reply.

Sep 25, 2009
Jersey City, NJ
Status
Dental Student
they do not send you any email regarding start of process...the CAAPID has started for 2011 cylce...go ahead and start filling the form