what's the site w/ gpa input and list of schools to apply to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yogi Bear

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
someone posted a site where u could enter gpa/mcat and then get a list of schools to apply to w/ competitive, noncompetitive, etc.?

Members don't see this ad.

I think this is what you're talking about. You can figure this info out for yourself though using the MSAR. It isn't very specific. But it's sort of fun.
:p
<a href="http://www.studentdoc.com/premed.html" target="_blank">studentdoc premed page</a>

Med Dude, If you use that site I would take the results with a grain of salt. I used it (or one like it) last year and some of the schools it said I had no chance at interviewed/accepted me whereas some of the schools I was competitive at didn't even interview me. It is best to apply to a range of schools no matter what your numbers are. Also only the MSAR has the real data submitted by the schools--I would trust that more than something on a website. Finally your premed advisor can be a good resource, letting you know how applicants from your school fared at various med schools.

Yeah, grain of salt. Any comments stats people?

It seems that it takes 5 things into equal consideration - 3 MCAT parts, GPA, State of Residence. Somehow I don't think that the MCAT is 3/5 of what they consider and that GPA and State of residence are equal. :rolleyes: