1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

what's the site w/ gpa input and list of schools to apply to?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Yogi Bear, Mar 6, 2002.

1. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear 2K Member
    7+ Year Member

someone posted a site where u could enter gpa/mcat and then get a list of schools to apply to w/ competitive, noncompetitive, etc.?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Wednesday

Wednesday Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I think this is what you're talking about. You can figure this info out for yourself though using the MSAR. It isn't very specific. But it's sort of fun.
    :p
    <a href="http://www.studentdoc.com/premed.html" target="_blank">studentdoc premed page</a>

4. serpiente

serpiente Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Med Dude, If you use that site I would take the results with a grain of salt. I used it (or one like it) last year and some of the schools it said I had no chance at interviewed/accepted me whereas some of the schools I was competitive at didn't even interview me. It is best to apply to a range of schools no matter what your numbers are. Also only the MSAR has the real data submitted by the schools--I would trust that more than something on a website. Finally your premed advisor can be a good resource, letting you know how applicants from your school fared at various med schools.

5. CoffeeCat

CoffeeCat SDN Angel
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Yeah, grain of salt. Any comments stats people?

It seems that it takes 5 things into equal consideration - 3 MCAT parts, GPA, State of Residence. Somehow I don't think that the MCAT is 3/5 of what they consider and that GPA and State of residence are equal. :rolleyes: