Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

What's the word on Tulane?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by SolidGold, Jan 11, 2002.

1. SolidGold

SolidGold Florida winters are the best!
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    There's a bunch of schools that I'm waiting to hear from but Tulane was the first application I completed way back in early October. I was wondering how many people heard from them yet (interview, acceptance, rejection). :cool:

2. Tulane kindly gave me my first non-interview rejection about a week ago. FYI. I completed the app. in mid October.

3. alice

alice Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

i was complete early there - probably in september. my interview was Nov 5, and they were nice enough to let me in Dec 3. hope that helps. the waiting is horrible. i am in the same position with a bunch of other schools.

4. UCLA2000

7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Interview Sept 13 rescheduled to Sept 27. Had an acceptance in my mailbox on Oct 15th. Tulane doesn't mess around. They move quickly.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. irongirl

irongirl Member
    7+ Year Member

Originally scheduled to interview Sept 13, rescheduled for late Sept, was accepted before Oct 15th.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. UCLA2000

7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Irongirl the 15th is the first day an AMCAS school can "officially" notify you. I knew unofficially two days after my interview :D

7. jdub

jdub Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    hey,

don't forget about all of us who have recieved, the "acceptable canidate" letter. they say that we won't probably hear anything else until march or april.

also, as i am sure many of you have noticed, the time it takes somebody to be accepted, rejected, or put on a waiting list really depends on many factors, in the eyes of the adcoms, not everyone is an equal applicant. :(

8. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo IEatShavedPussyCats
    10+ Year Member

9. irongirl

irongirl Member
    7+ Year Member

UCLA2000: In response to your above comment, Tulane did accept me before Oct 15th, however, it was an "unofficial acceptance letter". They stated in the letter that before sending me an official acceptance letter I had to send them a transcript and MCAT scores so that they could do the verification that AMCAS neglected to do. Whether they bent any AMCAS rules, I don't know, and given the situation, I doubt Tulane cares.

10. rajneel1

rajneel1 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

i got rejected without interview and laughed.

11. DarksideAllstar

DarksideAllstar you can pay me in bud
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Called today and was kindly told that my application is in the "Hold" pile. I have been complete since September. Surprised that they couldn't send me something at least telling me where I stand.

12. praying mantis

praying mantis Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

My application was complete 11/9 and I was rejected 1/8.