What's the word on Tulane?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SolidGold

Florida winters are the best!
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
There's a bunch of schools that I'm waiting to hear from but Tulane was the first application I completed way back in early October. I was wondering how many people heard from them yet (interview, acceptance, rejection). :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

Tulane kindly gave me my first non-interview rejection about a week ago. FYI. I completed the app. in mid October.

i was complete early there - probably in september. my interview was Nov 5, and they were nice enough to let me in Dec 3. hope that helps. the waiting is horrible. i am in the same position with a bunch of other schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview Sept 13 rescheduled to Sept 27. Had an acceptance in my mailbox on Oct 15th. Tulane doesn't mess around. They move quickly.

Originally scheduled to interview Sept 13, rescheduled for late Sept, was accepted before Oct 15th.

Irongirl the 15th is the first day an AMCAS school can "officially" notify you. I knew unofficially two days after my interview :D

hey,

don't forget about all of us who have recieved, the "acceptable canidate" letter. they say that we won't probably hear anything else until march or april.

also, as i am sure many of you have noticed, the time it takes somebody to be accepted, rejected, or put on a waiting list really depends on many factors, in the eyes of the adcoms, not everyone is an equal applicant. :(

Originally posted by UCLA2000:
•Interview Sept 13 rescheduled to Sept 27. Had an acceptance in my mailbox on Oct 15th. Tulane doesn't mess around. They move quickly.•••

I had the opposite experience!
My file was the first one I completed back in early september. Absolutely no word from them until mid-December even though I had interviewed at a lot of other places. Got an interview invite but then withdrew before going.

UCLA2000: In response to your above comment, Tulane did accept me before Oct 15th, however, it was an "unofficial acceptance letter". They stated in the letter that before sending me an official acceptance letter I had to send them a transcript and MCAT scores so that they could do the verification that AMCAS neglected to do. Whether they bent any AMCAS rules, I don't know, and given the situation, I doubt Tulane cares.

i got rejected without interview and laughed.

Called today and was kindly told that my application is in the "Hold" pile. I have been complete since September. Surprised that they couldn't send me something at least telling me where I stand.

My application was complete 11/9 and I was rejected 1/8.