what's the worst lie to tell during an interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psi1989

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok i'll start..feel free to add to this.

so when i was interviewing at a school that never even graduated their first class yet..there was this idiot who said the reason they wanted to go to that school was because they worked with or knew a pharmacist that went there and told them all this good stuff about their experience there. what a crock of ****!

moral of the story...do your research so you don't come off as a liar and you don't sound like an idiot! is it too much to read a little about the school before going to the interview???:scared:

Members don't see this ad.

i think the moral of the story is don't lie.

your moral to the story is become a better liar, which is just as bad.

"your moral to the story is become a better liar, which is just as bad."

making assumptions..don't you know what happens when you assume things? you make an a** outta yourself! :smuggrin:

i never said anything about learning to be a better liar. i said research the school so you can actually know why you want to go there instead of feeding adcom bs, duh!

Members don't see this ad :)
you didn't use that saying correctly, its actually

dont assume because if you do, you make an ass out of you and me.
(ass u me)

also, the way you wrote your post makes it seem that you thought the guy should research the school to make his lies more believable. It might have not been your intentions, but thats the way it reads.

I always liked House's interpretation of assume, "when you assume you make an ass of you in front of me" :)

two posts for the thread to turn into a trivial cat fight. New record?!?

"your moral to the story is become a better liar, which is just as bad."

making assumptions..don't you know what happens when you assume things? you make an a** outta yourself! :smuggrin:

i never said anything about learning to be a better liar. i said research the school so you can actually know why you want to go there instead of feeding adcom bs, duh!

Troll:thumbdown:

if you get called for an interview, you're more than likely already accepted. the school just wants to make sure you're not completely oblivious.

I don't understand the need to lie.

so when i was interviewing at a school that never even graduated their first class yet..there was this idiot who said the reason they wanted to go to that school was because they worked with or knew a pharmacist that went there and told them all this good stuff about their experience there. what a crock of ****!

moral of the story...do your research so you don't come off as a liar and you don't sound like an idiot! is it too much to read a little about the school before going to the interview???:scared:

I'ma put this thread back on track, whether y'all want me to or not.

I would say don't lie in your interview. That's the best idea. BUT if you're going to lie, don't tell a lie they can very easily catch you in (as the above example). Also, don't lie about simple facts that might very likely show up in your application and almost surely will show up in your background check. But seriously, that guy is a *****. I can't expect him to have any chance after one like that.

I'ma put this thread back on track, whether y'all want me to or not.

I would say don't lie in your interview. That's the best idea. BUT if you're going to lie, don't tell a lie they can very easily catch you in (as the above example). Also, don't lie about simple facts that might very likely show up in your application and almost surely will show up in your background check. But seriously, that guy is a *****. I can't expect him to have any chance after one like that.

thank you. apparently people on here like to twist people's words. at least you understood what i meant :)

SHC you have issues. I'm sorry I don't have all day to post on SDN like you do, hence the 1000+ posts. I see your new dayjob is following my posts so you can add your 2 cents..pretty pathetic!! :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
thank you. apparently people on here like to twist people's words. at least you understood what i meant :)

SHC you have issues. I'm sorry I don't have all day to post on SDN like you do, hence the 1000+ posts. I see your new dayjob is following my posts so you can add your 2 cents..pretty pathetic!! :laugh:

Trust me NO ONE is following you...its just really hard for everyone here to not notice your posts b/c they are so stupid like YOU. As you can see all the above posters AGREE with me and know you suck. YOU ******* TROLL. Again you can make fun of anyone on here all you want but that won't you help... YOU ARE STILL A LOSER. :thumbdown:

Keep the posting civil - feel free to express yourselves - but do so in a professional & tactful manner.

+1. Would you talk like that to a colleague once you're a pharmacist? Cause it's the same thing.

Trust me NO ONE is following you...its just really hard for everyone here to not notice your posts b/c they are so stupid like YOU. As you can see all the above posters AGREE with me and know you suck. YOU ******* TROLL. Again you can make fun of anyone on here all you want but that won't you help... YOU ARE STILL A LOSER. :thumbdown:
when all else fails, resort to namecalling cause it always works. what are we in 1st grade? :eek: oh yea, did you read what aboveliquidice wrote? based on your posts you definitely need to work on that!! In case you happened to miss it..i quoted it for you:

Keep the posting civil - feel free to express yourselves - but do so in a professional & tactful manner.
:thumbup:

+1. Would you talk like that to a colleague once you're a pharmacist? Cause it's the same thing.
:thumbup: its a scary thought that we might someday be working alongside someone like SHC!!!

I can't believe you even asked that question. So much for the future of pharmacy.

I can't believe you even asked that question. So much for the future of pharmacy.

Reading comprehension and writing skills are a bit low in this thread.

Psi1989 didn't post the question correctly. He probably should have said something along the lines of "What's the absolute worst lie you can tell in an interview?" His question makes it sound like some lies are okay, but his post is more along the lines of "How to make a complete fool of yourself in an interview..."

Last edited:
I always thought that posting LIKE THIS MAKES YOU LOOK A LITTLE UNHINGED.I'm going to start posting like this in my class thread. Then when we start school in the fall people will wonder who is that crazy diastole. :cool:

I always thought that posting LIKE THIS MAKES YOU LOOK A LITTLE UNHINGED.I'm going to start posting like this in my class thread. Then when we start school in the fall people will wonder who is that crazy diastole. :cool:

LOL! it's just as bad as those that type in upper and lowercase letters lIkE tHiS :laugh:

:thumbup: its a scary thought that we might someday be working alongside someone like SHC!!!

You are a ******* internet troll the only person that you will be near is your future cellmate. No pharmacy will be dumb enough to let you in.

Oh Diastole!!! You crack me up!! Congrats on getting into USN. I am a non trad as well. Turning the big 39 in about two weeks. Good luck on first year!!

Oh Diastole!!! You crack me up!! Congrats on getting into USN. I am a non trad as well. Turning the big 39 in about two weeks. Good luck on first year!!

Thank you and Happy Birthday.

You are a ******* internet troll the only person that you will be near is your future cellmate. No pharmacy will be dumb enough to let you in.

Can we please stop insulting each other? Please? I know it's a lot to ask, this being the internet and all. I go on Fark.com, where I expect this sort of thing, but we're all supposed to be helping each other succeed in getting to pharmacy school or surviving it.

And calling people names is not an actual rebuttal to an argument, FYI.

If I were just warned to express myself in a professional & tactful manner, my first impulse would not be to call someone a ******* but I'm crazy like that.

I'm going to make the point again, since it somehow got missed...

If you were so unfortunate to find yourself working with such a *******, would you talk like that to them? It doesn't make you look intelligent or cool. I know you can remain anonymous on the Internet, but it's no excuse for being rude.

I'm going to make the point again, since it somehow got missed...

If you were so unfortunate to find yourself working with such a *******, would you talk like that to them? It doesn't make you look intelligent or cool. I know you can remain anonymous on the Internet, but it's no excuse for being rude.

In real life if I do work with someone I don't like I usually just ignore them and ask to be put at another work area. However, since this is the internet I find it okay to state a obvious fact. Sorry, I should have substitute "*******" with "intellectually challenged."

If I were just warned to express myself in a professional & tactful manner, my first impulse would not be to call someone a ******* but I'm crazy like that.

haha yeah SHC I actually like you. Try not to get yourself banned :)

In real life if I do work with someone I don't like I usually just ignore them and ask to be put at another work area. However, since this is the internet I find it okay to state a obvious fact. Sorry, I should have substitute "*******" with "intellectually challenged."

Just do what you do in real life. Don't say anything and don't come back to this thread. It's called manners, people.

Worst lie in my opinion is this

Q: Why pharmacy for you?

A: Because I like drugs

Q: What's so good about drugs?

A: Ummm drugs save life?

May it's just me but I've heard this so many times

Worst lie in my opinion is this

Q: Why pharmacy for you?

A: Because I like drugs

Q: What's so good about drugs?

A: Ummm drugs save life?

May it's just me but I've heard this so many times

How is that a lie?

i'm hoping he walked in with a very good story that shows how his peer's experience has benefited him. I wouldn't say it's b.s though.

I guess i could have worded this better. I can see how others could misinterpret what I was saying. In no way do I condone lying and I was trying to give prepharmers a warning that they shouldn't try it in their future interviews.

I simply meant that it's pretty sad when someone goes to an interview not having done their research on a school therefore they don't have good reasons for wanting to attend that particular school over any other school. In this particular case, the person decided to feed adcom a BIG LIE which was the pharmacist she worked with was an alumni of the pharmacy school and inspired her to look into the school. How was it a lie? The school never even graduated its first class at the time we interviewed!

I guess i could have worded this better. I can see how others could misinterpret what I was saying. In no way do I condone lying and I was trying to give prepharmers a warning that they shouldn't try it in their future interviews.

I simply meant that it's pretty sad when someone goes to an interview not having done their research on a school therefore they don't have good reasons for wanting to attend that particular school over any other school. In this particular case, the person decided to feed adcom a BIG LIE which was the pharmacist she worked with was an alumni of the pharmacy school and inspired her to look into the school. How was it a lie? The school never even graduated its first class at the time we interviewed!

To me, you worded it fine and i totally understood.

I think it's the title that should have been reworded. Perhaps what's the worst interview experience you've heard or something. The worst lie to tell is the first one. After that you're screwed, but there are tons of humiliating interview stories out there. I asked my interviewer about her dog (I had read it on a faculty webpage before interviewing) They had given it away 2 years ago because their daughter was allergic to it. I of course came across as an internet stalker and waited 6 months for a rejection.

I think it's the title that should have been reworded. Perhaps what's the worst interview experience you've heard or something. The worst lie to tell is the first one. After that you're screwed, but there are tons of humiliating interview stories out there. I asked my interviewer about her dog (I had read it on a faculty webpage before interviewing) They had given it away 2 years ago because their daughter was allergic to it. I of course came across as an internet stalker and waited 6 months for a rejection.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: