whats this about 90 semester hours?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ar2388

rads resident
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, i have been looking at all the med school reqs for specific med schools and they all want 90 semester hours. my school works in credits, but im technically a 2nd semester senior already i believe with 112.5 credits (need 122 to graduate), but on AMCAS I have 89.5 semester hours, 18 AP credit hours, and 5 Pass/Fail hours (4 from a research class that is only graded pass/fail; 1 from an astrophysics class which is also only graded pass/fail). is this bad? am i screwed? what the f*ck is the deal!?:eek:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
My understanding is that the 90 semester hour minimum is there to allow schools wiggle room to admit those rare, otherwise highly qualified students, who have unique life experiences, but will not have completed a degree program. The credit hour requirement is to be met by the time of matriculation, not by the time you submit your application.

My understanding is that the 90 semester hour minimum is there to allow schools wiggle room to admit those rare, otherwise highly qualified students, who have unique life experiences, but will not have completed a degree program. The credit hour requirement is to be met by the time of matriculation, not by the time you submit your application.
ah. thank you very much :) glad i can stop worrying about it