What's up with all of this podiatry & caribean schools mail?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nezlab99

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I keep getting information and recruitment stuff in the mail from podiatry programs and caribean med schools. They all say how they admit "less competitive students" with lower grades and scores. Mine aren't low! (At least I don't think they are.) Is anyone else getting all of this crap, or is it just me? Do they send this out to everyone, or do all of these schools really consider me a "less competitive" applicant? Either way, all of this mail from them is getting annoying.

Members don't see this ad.

Ross, St Georges, dr scholls, etc..... I have only just stopped getting that awful mail. I scored a 30 on the mcat and was feeling disheartened as well but I think that if you sign up for the test you'll get this junk mail. It's nothing personal. :wink:

Oh yeah, I forgot about all the junk mail! You'll also get mail addressed to "the parents of..." selling engraved stethescopes and stuff. The MCAT people sell your address. Don't sweat it at all (though it IS a bit annoying...).

Members don't see this ad :)
I remember getting all of that junk mail. PODIATRY school?!!! Vet school??!! C'mon! :mad: And who wants to go to school in Bora-bora??

I got a kick out of some of the mail I had gotten. On one, it had a section of "school highlights", and the first one was "All instruction in english"?!? That's supposed to be the most alluring feature of the school?!