Whats up with board exams?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joshua_msu

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Heres the deal, I am currently an MS1 just finishing up my first quarter. I am doing pretty well in all of my classes. The thing is, when I look back at all of the info I have studied, a lot of the older stuff is no longer in my head. I mean I have the big picture and all, but a lot of the details that I once new and aced the test with are now fuzzy. I study regularly and do not often cram, so I am trying to commit it to memory. Anyways my question is about STEP 1 and such. Is it important to remember a lot of the less major stuff, or is it just sufficient to have the big picture about everything come time to study for the boards, and go from there?

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by joshua_msu
Heres the deal, I am currently an MS1 just finishing up my first quarter. I am doing pretty well in all of my classes. The thing is, when I look back at all of the info I have studied, a lot of the older stuff is no longer in my head. I mean I have the big picture and all, but a lot of the details that I once new and aced the test with are now fuzzy. I study regularly and do not often cram, so I am trying to commit it to memory. Anyways my question is about STEP 1 and such. Is it important to remember a lot of the less major stuff, or is it just sufficient to have the big picture about everything come time to study for the boards, and go from there?

Hi there,

You REVIEW for USMLE and STUDY for your class exams. When USMLE time comes around, you should be able to review your materials and do well on the exam provided you have learned the stuff in the first place. You can't review what you haven't learned so relax and concentrate on getting through the material for now. I took USMLE early in May (had a paid fellowship between second and third year that required early boards) and did very well so don't worry about that exam now. Keep turning in a solid performance in your classwork.

njbmd:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.