Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

WHATs up with CBT 10 verbal

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by woodhorse22, Apr 7, 2007.

1. woodhorse22

woodhorse22 Member

Attending Physician
    I took the CBT 10 today and scored the lowest on verbal out of all the AAMCs I have taken. My science scores are steady, but verbal is all over the place. WHat is gong on here? My test is on the 12th of April. I am doomed....:(

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Psychotropic

Psychotropic Junior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I think everyone disliked aamc 10 VR. Don't worry about it. With less than a week left there isn't much you can do at this point. The worst thing you can possibly do is stress out too much about one practice test. Keep a positive mindset and spend more of your time solidifying your phys/chem/bio skills. Those are what will earn you easy points on test day (not worrying about one bad verbal passage). Stay positive, and good luck!

4. woodhorse22

woodhorse22 Member

Attending Physician
    I thought I was cruising through the verbal on the CBT 10. I actually got to all the passages. I did worse on this verbal than my first MCAT attempt in august last year. Pretty pissed offff.

5. Medee

Medical Student

Lol! Same here! Most the passages seemed different from what I can remember

6. MSTPbound

MSTPbound student
    Moderator Emeritus

Post Doc
    I got a 10 on CBT 10 VR, the Monday before my actual exam (Saturday).

I got a 7 on my actual exam. :(

Suffice it to say, I might not tend to put to much weight in the predictive value of CBT 10.

7. sexyman

Medical Student
    I feel like everyone did bad in verbal. I got a 6. Are they changing the curve for verbal or something?

8. jeesapeesa

jeesapeesa anesthesiologist southern california

Attending Physician
    hahaha. when i read this verbal section i was like..."wtf".

9. Blondnuttyboy

yeah...you guys have me worried...I absolutely CANNOT get lower than a 10 on verbal.

AAMC 10..was it as bad as april 12th mcat? worse? better?

Someone please tell me what exactly was so bad about both..aamc 10 and april 12th