DoCt0rPeTe

7+ Year Member
Jun 17, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
When I intvd there, they said they mail out BEFORE the 1st, so that we get our letters ON the 1st.

I'm honestly disappointed! I'm like an impatient little child, I know, but from what I have seen, NOONE has heard from them.

They could have atleast updated AADSAS! I'm dying over hea! lol

EdwardKim

10+ Year Member
Feb 18, 2009
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
They are too cool for us. Expected from a top tier school.

Apr 2, 2010
Status
from me probably haha. that's what i heard from a current student there who was talking with the admissions faculty.. it just came up in conversation with them, so idk how accurate it is, but we'll see i guess!
Haha, that's quite interesting. guess we'll see soon...

EdwardKim

10+ Year Member
Feb 18, 2009
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Let's hope that's true, we will have higher chances that way.

OP
DoCt0rPeTe

DoCt0rPeTe

7+ Year Member
Jun 17, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
Definitely not sarcasm, sorry about that. Just repeating what I heard...

If they did, I think that that's kind of messed up. Idk...its really not all about the DAT, and if they just decided not to give letters to applicants who got a 23 or lower that's sad. Lets face it 23 is still like 99 percentile!

Apr 9, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
That's definitely my argument, I mean, it might of just worked out this way for the initial wave. I'm glad I don't interview till Dec 17th...

Let me be perfectly clear due to a few attacking private messages. I was not being sarcastic at all. I just thought I'd relay the information because I felt it was slightly viable. Acceptances aren't handed out in massive waves therefore it wouldn't surprise me if this happened in the first wave.

Last edited:

darkwalk

5+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2009
MD
Status
Pre-Dental
Either no one updated their predents for columbia or no one received any news yet. I'm hoping its the latter.

May 24, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
i interviewed in october and haven't heard back anything either so don't worry

redchesus

10+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2007
Status
Dentist
Either no one updated their predents for columbia or no one received any news yet. I'm hoping its the latter.
Well it's snail mail so probably in the next few days. Maybe some people on the East Coast will get letters today.

Another thread someone called and the lady said it could take up to a week to arrive, depending on where you live.

Apr 2, 2010
Status
It was someone online which is why I said "supposedly". Like any information you receive on a thread, at any point someone can lie about being accepted so it's no different then believing some post in a thread.
^^^^

Very true.

Dec 1, 2010
Status
Columbia was ALL dat. I'm still waiting to hear something, but I'm about to put my deposit in a Buffalo anyway. If I didn't get into Buffalo, I would probably have ended up at Columbia, then Stony Brook.