What's up with HAHNAMANN and others????

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by einey, Jan 20, 2002.

1. einey

einey Member

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. mpp

mpp SDN Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus

Resident [Any Field]
    Don't give up hope yet. I spoke with MCP-Hahnemann last week and was told they are interviewing at least until the end of April. There is still plenty of interviewing to be completed at MCP-Hahnemann and they have a very active waitlist.

4. megkudos

megkudos Senior Member

Hi einey,

I am on hold for interview at Hahnamann and Albany. Hahnamann told me "you file will be reviewed "again" at a later date" Huh?

I think that many of us people on hold will probably end up getting interview offers. Like the previous poster said, there is still a while to interview.

I have a 3.5 GPA with a 3.8/3.9 my soph and junior years (i am now a senior) and a 9v 9P 10B (28) MCAT if that helps any.

5. praying mantis

praying mantis Senior Member

I JUST got an interview with MCPHU and Albany, and I know they will be interviewing for awhile. GPA: 3.5, MCAT: 30S

6. einey

einey Member

7. applying

applying Member

ok, for those of you who have been put on hold at Hahnemann, did you get an e-mail or something in the mail saying you were put on hold? b/c i had to call them to check my status, and then they told me i was on hold.

anyway, i have 3.63 gpa and 27R mcat. i'm out of state.

if anyone gets an interview at mcp, please post it!!!
    good luck

8. mpp

mpp SDN Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus

Resident [Any Field]
    I received my interview request last week. There were a multitude of interview dates available for March and April (actually all of April). I will interview April 2 as it coincides with an interview at Jefferson.

9. einey

einey Member

10. Dr. Kermit

Dr. Kermit Senior Member

einey-

i sent you a PM with my stats.

11. SMW

SMW Grand Member

12. DrFranknstein

DrFranknstein New Member

I recieved an interview request from MCP Hahnemann a couple of weeks ago, and I have an interview scheduled for mid March. GPA is 3.3, scored 34 on MCATS

13. I got in

I got in Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Hey everybody
    I am in the same "hold for an interview" category at Albany, Penn state, and MCP-Hannemann.
    Stats: 3.83/27Q

```````````````````````````
    The truth is out there.

14. Mylaina

Mylaina Senior Member

To continue the MCP Hah. saga-- Did anyone apply there pretty late in the game (early jan. or so) and get an interview? (asking this question for my friend) I applied in early Sept. and got an interview (although I didn't get the letter until December due to a mailing issue.)

15. serpiente

serpiente Senior Member

Medical Student
    Mylaina, Are you the Parrish interviewee? Did you hear anything yet? A decision was made on my file but I haven't gotten the letter yet...
    --S

16. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

17. DarksideAllstar

DarksideAllstar you can pay me in bud

Resident [Any Field]
    Regarding MCP-
    App complete mid-September
    Interview invite sent end of November
    Interviewed mid-January
    My stats- 3.6, 32P

18. Mylaina

Mylaina Senior Member

serpiente-- yeah, I am a parrish interviewee. I interviewed on Jan25, so I am not expecting to hear until Mar25. When did you interview? I think we chatted about his over niceness... PM me or something when you find out! I am very curious if I should be very happy or sad or neutral. ;-) GOOD LUCK! Maybe we'll be students together!

19. oldman

oldman Senior Citizen
    Gold Donor

Attending Physician
    I emailed them last week regarding my status. they said, "I reviewed your file and am inviting you for an interview. Please call Sue at 215-991-8202 to schedule your interview."

i decided flying there was not within my budget, so I have mailed them a withdrawal letter, hopefully that'll free up a space for one of you guys.

my stats: 3.58 and 31O

20. Doctora Foxy

Medical Student
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by oldman:
    <strong>I emailed them last week regarding my status. they said, "I reviewed your file and am inviting you for an interview. Please call Sue at 215-991-8202 to schedule your interview."

i decided flying there was not within my budget, so I have mailed them a withdrawal letter, hopefully that'll free up a space for one of you guys.

my stats: 3.58 and 31O</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I haven't heard from them since completion on Nov 3. I called them on 1/29 and they said my application was being screened. I have a 3.67/27P (9,9,9). Do you think I should email them and ask for my status? Maybe I can squeeze an interview out of them... :confused: What do you think?

21. oldman

oldman Senior Citizen
    Gold Donor

Attending Physician
    The following is what i wrote to them in the email. they replied with an interview offer after only a few hours.
    Dear Office of Admissions,

I am a current applicant for the class of 2006. I was wondering if there were any updates in regards to my application. If there are any remaining files missing please let me know. I will have them sent to your office as soon as possible. My secondary arrived at your office on September 13, 2001.

22. oldman

oldman Senior Citizen
    Gold Donor

Attending Physician
    in other words, go ahead and email them.