whats up with KCUMB, DMU, WVSOM & UNECOM??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CuttinEmUp

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
just curious cuz im applying to all those schools and havent heard a thing from them....im going to start calling them one by one today and ill post anything they give me.

Anyone already have any info, please share :)

Members don't see this ad.

CuttinEmUp said:
just curious cuz im applying to all those schools and havent heard a thing from them....im going to start calling them one by one today and ill post anything they give me.

an email i received from WVSOM:

"Interviews usually start around the latter part of August or the early part of Sept. There's no certain time when they start sending out invites, however,
you should be receiving a pin# within the next couple of weeks so you
can access your status at anytime."

that email was dated 7/11 and i still haven't received a pin# :(

BengaliDocIsl said:
an email i received from WVSOM:

"Interviews usually start around the latter part of August or the early part of Sept. There's no certain time when they start sending out invites, however,
you should be receiving a pin# within the next couple of weeks so you
can access your status at anytime."

that email was dated 7/11 and i still haven't received a pin# :(

Thanks Bengali! Yea i just confirmed what your email said with the admissions office. They said late august would be the earliest.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am starting school next week at KCUMB. What they told us during our interviews is that they get about 2500 applications and interview about 600-650 for 250 spots (this year). I got an interview before I submitted my secondary. I also didn't apply until the end of August so don't get too worried yet. I was also accepted to WVSOM and from what I remember it took what seemed like forever to hear from them. They also don't send secondaries unless you are granted an interview, but you probably already knew that. The online system for checking your status is good because if you do interview there you can check to see if you are accepted online. I found out I was accepted before I got the letter in the mail.
Good Luck everyone!!

MCB17 said:
I am starting school next week at KCUMB. What they told us during our interviews is that they get about 2500 applications and interview about 600-650 for 250 spots (this year). I got an interview before I submitted my secondary. I also didn't apply until the end of August so don't get too worried yet. I was also accepted to WVSOM and from what I remember it took what seemed like forever to hear from them. They also don't send secondaries unless you are granted an interview, but you probably already knew that. The online system for checking your status is good because if you do interview there you can check to see if you are accepted online. I found out I was accepted before I got the letter in the mail.
Good Luck everyone!!

hey thanks MCB for the info !! that actually helps :thumbup:

Hey Cuttinemup,

I've been wondering the same, specifically about UNECOM and DMU. I tired calling UNECOM all day from work with no avail - just got voicemail for Lisa Lane. As for DMU, my fiancee called them last week and apparently they got a new software package for their online secondaries. The thing is, it kept crashing, but they said it was now stable and would be ready this week sometime. DMU and UNECOM are the last two I'm waiting for - they need to hurry up already!

CuttinEmUp said:

I'm going to be starting at WVSOM this Monday :)

If I remember correctly, I recall getting an 2 emails. One email had a pin # in it so you could access the online check list. The other email was one that was sent out if they call you for an interview.

I also recall doing a fairly long on-line essay about myself. That was probably one of the school secondaries... :confused: Or maybe it was some other school form...I can't remember. :eek:

After I was interviewed, I found out within 1 week that I was accepted. But from hanging around on SDN, it seems that if WVSOM doesn't respond to you within 3 weeks, then they probably will not accept you.

Best of wishes and Good luck :luck: :luck:

thanks for all the replies and the info! :thumbup:

To add on (somewhat) to what other people have been saying. The next 2 weeks you may not hear from these schools, because classes/orientation is starting for the classes of 2010 for many schools this Monday!!!! I'm starting at KCUMB this Monday (orientation) and then next week is the first week of classes. Admissions Offices are really involved with the incoming classes (especially if some people fail to claim their seats....they scramble to the waitlist). Good luck all. Some schools won't even begin to send interview invites/look at secondaries until their incoming class has started classes.