1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

::What's up with Kurt ???

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by kabtq9s, Nov 28, 2005.

1. kabtq9s

kabtq9s Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    How come everyone (including Princeton Review) is advising to read Kurt Vonnegut's book in preperation for the verbal section of the MCAT?

I looked at a sample of his books online and they dont look that sophisticated !!!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. QofQuimica

QofQuimica Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting....
    Administrator Physician PhD Faculty Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field], Attending Physician
    I'm guessing that Kurt Vonnegut didn't write an MCAT prep book, so they must be suggesting it b/c his books are written with poor transitions, lots of jumping around in scope, and they have a non-literal meaning behind the literal story. It's not a bad suggestion; his novels DO read like MCAT VR passages from h***. :smuggrin:

4. McGillGrad

McGillGrad Building Mind and Body
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    He has a special writing style that takes higher than average concentration levels to keep up with.

If you ever want to read through the most inane dry material, read through the wording of Congressional Bills. It makes you want to commit a hate crime against yourself.