::What's up with Kurt ???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kabtq9s

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How come everyone (including Princeton Review) is advising to read Kurt Vonnegut's book in preperation for the verbal section of the MCAT?

I looked at a sample of his books online and they dont look that sophisticated !!!

Members don't see this ad.

kabtq9s said:
How come everyone (including Princeton Review) is advising to read Kurt Vonnegut's book in preperation for the verbal section of the MCAT?

I looked at a sample of his books online and they dont look that sophisticated !!!
I'm guessing that Kurt Vonnegut didn't write an MCAT prep book, so they must be suggesting it b/c his books are written with poor transitions, lots of jumping around in scope, and they have a non-literal meaning behind the literal story. It's not a bad suggestion; his novels DO read like MCAT VR passages from h***. :smuggrin:

He has a special writing style that takes higher than average concentration levels to keep up with.

If you ever want to read through the most inane dry material, read through the wording of Congressional Bills. It makes you want to commit a hate crime against yourself.