what's up with loyola?? I'm WAITING FOR AN INTERVIEW FROM THEM!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ucbdancn00

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys...

can anyone shed some light on how loyola dishes out there interviews? I was initially deemed as very favorable, and now i seemed to keep cycling through review after review. Any ideas as to what's going on and what i should be expecting?

Thanks so much for ur your help.

:D

Members don't see this ad.

How long has your secondary been in? I'm on the late mcat, so i sent my secondary Nov. 5th. I haven't heard a thing from them yet.

i think it may be slow now, because as siempre just said, august mcaters have started turning in secondaries. loyola waited to give out secondaries to august mcaters. when i got mine it had a deadline of early december, so i'd imagine there is a big pile up now which may be slowing down the review process.

Members don't see this ad :)
ucbdancn00, how did you find out that you were "favorable"? Can you call Loyola and get that info from them? I had my secondary in by late September and haven't heard a word. If I can call and get any info out of them, that would be great. Thanks for your help!

you can call on thursdays i believe. check your secondary info to find out. they don't like to receive calls on any other day but the designated day. i'm pretty sure it's thursday, but check to be sure.

tmyers..

yeah, i totally found out by calling them on THURSDAY....seems like that it's a sacred ritual to actually have to go through the computer system to find out someone's status. hahahah

what Lola said is totally legit.

Take it easy

Thanks for the info guys. I'll give them a call next Thursday and probably get really depressed. I was hoping my attending Loyola for undergrad might help. Guess not! Thanks again.

I haven't called them for about a month and a half now but judging from what Loyola applicants have been posting on SDN about them it seems as though everyone and their third cousin has been given a "favorable" rating. Guys, I think it's a smoke screen frankly. I think they just want to make us feel better about not getting an interview. I know it sure made me feel great when they said the adcom looks "favorably" upon your application. Then I go on to SDN and find out everyone else got the same "favorable" line as well. I smell a rat...

this is some shady business i tell you....

tsk tsk...

From what I know about Loyola and from my interview there, I think the Asst. Dean of Admissions has a very direct role in determining who's interviewed. During the interview day, each student briefly speaks with her and she actually tells you why you've been selected for an interview. I think they basically take their time in determining who they want to interview right away and then create a pool from which to draw for future interviews. I also think the seemingly high degree of involvement from the Asst. Dean slows down the process but also allows Loyola to look for specific candidates that they feel would be most interested in their school or best suited for it.

I know this isn't comforting news, but I hope it helps explain the waiting.

Yeah, Loyola is kinda pissing me off. My file was complete in sept. and I took MCAT in april, and I have not heard a word since. In the meantime I have received interviews at every other school I sent a secondary back to. I just can't help wondering why I wouldnt get an interview from them, or at least heard something in the past 2 and a half months!! I would have loved to go there, but seeing as I already have 3 other acceptances, I think I am just gonna give up and be done with the whole thing. At this point, even if they grant me an interview, I doubt I would go, because I have just gotten a poor impression of them during this process. Maybe that is just me though.

I know this probably will not help anyone feel better, but last year my friend had her application complete there by mid-august, and they didn't invite her to come for an interview until early April. But then she had already been accepted to 3 other schools. So it's not like she had a weak application. It just seems like they can really take their time.

kam730, I agree with your frustration, but hey, you already have three acceptances -- isn't it time to forget about this process and enjoy your life? :clap:

PD