what's up with Loyola?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ucbdancn00

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys....

so my app has been reviewed by them (early october) and it was deemed "very favorable" by the AdCom. what the heck does this mean? I was told that i will have to be reviewed again, but has anyone been put into this boat before?

Any help would be sweet. Thanks mucho...

:cool: :confused: :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

so my app has been reviewed by them (early october) and it was deemed "very favorable" by the AdCom

Them being Loyola.............

just to clarify :-D

How did you find out when and how your app was rated??

Members don't see this ad :)
hey.....

i just called them up.............

i don't remember exactly when it was complete, but my app had to be in by Sep 6th; it was complete by end of September or so
(after recs got in and stuff)

:D

It sounds like you basically got put on hold. They like what they see but aren't quite ready to interview you yet. but that's good news that they still want to consider you at a later date.

Sounds like the infamous 'on hold' UCs love to give some of us...:mad:

I called them in hopes of getting an invite scheduled with uic for obvious reasons and they told me i was favorable, but needed further review.

Loyola has like a cycle of application looks. I asume that if you look great to them they give you an interview right away. Most of the time, an application is good but is passed on to the next look at. There are like five of these look ats. Last time I applied, the dean told me that I made it through the first four cycles and was stalled there. So I guess they look at you in relation to other applicats and select people to inch closer and closer to an interview until you get one. This is atleast the impression I got when I talked to the dean last time. I think they just like to see us suffer. I am on hold for further review until November at this moment. I guess that is only a couple of weeks away until I can find out if something will be cahnging for me.:(

yeah.....definitely sounds like we're on the track to get an interview, but i's an a matter of time. I would like to find out ASAP because i haev an interview with UIC coming up.....grrrrr.

I had a similar experience; but the admissions lady didnt say how they rated my ap... She just said that it had been reviewed and that at the time they [the committee] had not extended an interview offer. She continued to say that my file would be reviewed again sometime in mid November... C'est la vie... And all I was trying to do is save 200-300 bucks in air fare by combining my U-Mich interview with possible Chicago interviews...

Exact same thing happened to me. I am very favorable, but still no interview. have to wait until nov :(

damn it............:(

i'm going to call them on Thursday and try to squeeze an answer out of them. I'll let you guys know what goes down.....

we'll get the interviews, just a matter of time!!! (knock on wood)..

laterz:D