Whats up with Mount Sinai and Cornell?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
T

tra202

I dont get this but my application at both these schools has been complete since Oct and I still have not heard a peep. I mean, I think my credentials are good enough for atleast Mt Sinai to call me! Anyone else going through this shyte? :(

Members don't see this ad.

I am in the same boat. I think I was actually complete in September. I have gotten a bunch of interviews but haven't heard a thing out of those 2 schools...

im in the same boat :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeap! Me too...Cornell since late October! But I have a really brilliant super pre-med friend who was complete the same time and hasn't heard either...so don't sweat it. Didn't apply to Sinai.

Hi. Me too, haven't heard from Cornell and I was complete in Oct. I emailed Cornell and asked them if I should worry since I hadn't heard anything. They said not to worry at all...that I should be hearing from them soon.

I was complete at Cornell on Sept 7th and nothing at all since. I make a monthly call every 7th to see what's up and it's always the same - "We can't tell you anything over the phone".

Andrew

Okay, I am not sure if this is going to work. But why don't you send them an update letter. Tell them you are doing some great stuff and you just wanted to let them know since they are one of your top schools. You can also slip in a note about the aspects of the school you like. Maybe a line or two (make this different and more intriging than what you placed in their sec essay)

Dont whine and beg. Just try to sound sincere.

I have no idea if this will work but I am going to try it for some of my other schools. ( I have only had 2 interview, 1 upcoming. That makes ahem 12 letters I may have to write)

FYI, I received a Cornell invite around October 25th. My application was complete for 2 weeks before that.

This school replied quickly I suspect it had to do with the person who screened me(picked me for an interview). He was also my interviewer.

When I get frantic about a school, I says to myself I have to remember that these schools split the applications among committee members and it completely depends on who is screening your application and if they have even gotten to it yet!

That is why some of us submit early and get later interview and why some of us submit later and get interviews quickly (my Duke app was complete about 2 weeks ago (submitted Dec 15th and I received an interview yesterday)

K? Hope this helps guys!!!I am in the same daggone boat!!!!!!!!

Bebe