Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

What's up with NYMC???

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Supafly MD, Jan 13, 2002.

1. Supafly MD

Supafly MD Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I recently got an email reminder from NYMC that all my evaluations are not yet received. However, I followed up on the receipt of these letters in October and I was told they were received. Could the email reminder be sent in error? Hopefully, I really can't afford to have any negative influences on my application.

Did anyone else have a situation going on? Some advice, please!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. megkudos

megkudos Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Call the school and ask them.

4. StitchEM

StitchEM Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Oh dear, where to begin..... You are not alone and the email you recived was innocuous compared to some other have recived. NYMC seems to be having lots of issues. They recently sent out 1000 FLASE interview invites. SO I would call them on monday and talk to an admissions persion. I know they have a phone mail system so you want to speak to a live person which I belive is option #2 "scheduling an interview". You are most likely OK as you kept track of your stuff in October but it is best to clear up (thier)mistakes ASAP. Good luck and stay cool. :cool:

5. ewells

ewells Big Daddy
    7+ Year Member

I have had my letters sent there three times and they have not been received. I am at a loss. I have called them numerous times. I have checked every possible circumstance: they were sent to the correct address, letters sent to other schools on the same day were received in a timely manner, I just do not know what else to do. I also received that email on Friday. I was at school until their offices were closed, so I could not call then; I am calling first thing tommorrow morning.

6. waiting123

waiting123 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I received the same email about my letters not being received but I am pretty sure that they were sent a long time ago. Anyways, I'm having them sent again and calling monday!

7. TAP

TAP Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I had the same problem with letters being lost. I was so frustrated after getting one of the 1000 false interview invites that I withdrew my application. I've already been accepted to a better school. This serves as a reminder....the people at this school are idiots.

8. Dr. Kermit

Dr. Kermit Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

From what I hear about NYMC admissions office and student affair association, I'm so glad I withdrew my application! Not only did the Dean of Student Affairs ask me invasive and personal questions during my interview (such as "how'd you pay for undergrad?" "If your dad is a doctor and your mom stays at hom, why won't they pay for med school?" "Do you mind if I ask you one last question... You seem a little distraught, is this your first interview?" (After telling her it wasn't my first interview) "So why are you here if you've already been accepted to med school.") Anyway, I feel so terrible for everyone who is having problems with this school and any other. My best friend has mediocre numbers and waited a year to apply. AMCAS lost her transcripts three times. And then she got that horrible e-mail from NYMC.

Good luck calling their office though. They sent me an invite and when I tried to schedule around another interview, they wouldn't let me. Then, they sent me another e-mail stating that I had to schedule an interview within the next two weeks or my application would no longer be considered!