What's up with the Kaplan CD? Topscore...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Generallee

NYUCD 2010
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Can someone tell me what's up with the Kaplan CD? Is it just my CD or does everyone's do this. I've taken my first test but I can't go back to see the results. I can't see which ones I got wrong and why. If you know how to see the results, please let me know. Also, are there specific amounts of tests that you can take. For instance, once i've taken, say, 5 tests, is that all there is? Do they mix and match all the questions in the bank to make new tests? I hope I'm making sense....

Also, is the topscore CD just like the Kaplan CD?

I remember when I had to take my Series 6 stockbrokers license, I used the Dearborn CD and they basically had a huge bank of questions and each time you were ready to take a test, they would mix and match everytime so you had a new test everytime.

Any comments on this? Thanks...

Members don't see this ad.

If I recall correctly, you cannot go back and review your questions on the Kaplan CD (just like the real DAT). However, Topscore does allow you to do this and I felt the level of difficulty with Topscore was closer to the real DAT than Kaplan. Unfortunately I have never heard of a cd/program for the DAT that mixes the questions around to formulate new exams. If you are looking for more materials acethedat.com is another resouce. Their PAT is very difficult and, despite their product being full of errors, I felt that it was the best practice preparation for the real deal (which is much harder than what Kaplan makes it out to be).

Sprgrover said:
If I recall correctly, you cannot go back and review your questions on the Kaplan CD (just like the real DAT). However, Topscore does allow you to do this and I felt the level of difficulty with Topscore was closer to the real DAT than Kaplan. Unfortunately I have never heard of a cd/program for the DAT that mixes the questions around to formulate new exams. If you are looking for more materials acethedat.com is another resouce. Their PAT is very difficult and, despite their product being full of errors, I felt that it was the best practice preparation for the real deal (which is much harder than what Kaplan makes it out to be).

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Sprgrover said:
If I recall correctly, you cannot go back and review your questions on the Kaplan CD (just like the real DAT). However, Topscore does allow you to do this
Really? I feel like an idiot now. (I skipped the demo on the test day) To think I trusted Topscore! No wonder why I couldn't view my answered questions. I thought that was a software bug! I'll remember this next time. Thanks.

I know exactly what your talking about with the Kaplan CD. It does let you go back and see but its got a bug. Just try reinstalling ( you will lose your answers, try to remember them)....but I remember reinstalling like 5 times before it worked right...very frustrating... :mad:

My experience with the Kaplan CD (took the DAT in 2003) is that it's a waste of time. The problems on there won't help you at all.

Topscore, and study the MCAT Kaplan review guides (3 separate booklets, covering orgo, gen chem, bio), and you can get 20+ across the board.

JakeMUSC said:
I know exactly what your talking about with the Kaplan CD. It does let you go back and see but its got a bug. Just try reinstalling ( you will lose your answers, try to remember them)....but I remember reinstalling like 5 times before it worked right...very frustrating... :mad: