what's up with this

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cloosh

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
okay i've been taking the kaplan exams and been getting around a 31 consistently but recently took two AAMC ones and got a 28 and a 24. i'm not sure if it's because of dumb mistakes or just attention span. or were the ones i took just particularly hard? any feedback would be good. i'm taking another one tonight and tomorrow.

Members don't see this ad.

AAMC cbts have a much tighter scale than the kaplan ones do.

okay i've been taking the kaplan exams and been getting around a 31 consistently but recently took two AAMC ones and got a 28 and a 24. i'm not sure if it's because of dumb mistakes or just attention span. or were the ones i took just particularly hard? any feedback would be good. i'm taking another one tonight and tomorrow.

which aamc exams did you take?

when are you taking the MCAT? I had the same problem and after a few more weeks of practice I was able to bring my score in 30s on aamc tests as well. hang in there!

Members don't see this ad :)
I think your best bet is to take few more BS and PS sections only instead of taking full tests... this way you can get a a better feeling about the types of questions and tricks that aamc use...also its easier to improve in sciences than verbal! good luck .. I am taking it on monday too... we will do well:luck:

here's what I would do:

I would go through the 2 tests that you already took, and figure out what's holding you back (knowledge, applying what you know, time pressure, etc).

If it's being able to apply what you know or time pressure, I would practice with more aamc exams to get more comfortable with the format and question-style. If you feel like it's the knowledge itself that's holding you back, you might want to consider postponing to give yourself more time to study.

i think i have a good knowledge of most of it, especially bio and physics. also, i meant to say i took 4 and 5 and i just took 6 and got a 30, but 6 was noticeably easier (the verbal). i'm praying i dont get a tough verbal then.

same happened to me..but hang in there and keep practicing

On AAMC 3, 8 and 7, I've recieved a 24,23, and 22 respectively. VERY annoying when my Kaplan scores have been 27 or so. I just wish I had more time to study my material what with work, school, and everything else. Gah:(