what's up with tufts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
J

jackbauer!

i pay tufts a $60 application fee and they do not respond to e-mails and/or phone messages :confused: every other school has been very courteous and timely in replying to my inquiries, speaking to me personally, and at least filling me in on the status of my application/how full the class is looking. But with tufts, I feel like i'm left in the dark..very unprofessional.

With the 4000 applicants x $60/application we're talking about $240,000. they can't afford to staff the admissions office..where is this money going??

i'm sorry, but am i the only one that feels like they've been screwed by tufts? :thumbdown:

jb!:)

Members don't see this ad.

i'm sorry, but am i the only one that feels like they've been screwed by tufts? :thumbdown:

I was actually thinking the same thing until the other week when I finally got an interview invite... the application fee went in September btw...

Wait it out.. their class is not filled yet.

Wait it out.. their class is not filled yet.[/quote]

... good luck. I just got back and they've filled up the interview spots till march 1 and thats all they're doing i guess (so they said) and they have received 139 deposits for 165 spots. FYI.

Members don't see this ad :)
i finally got thru today and was told that they are not offering anymore interviews...... sweeeeeet rejectionnnnnnnn yayyyy

they didn't have an application fee...i remember them telling me that they did away with it this year

sorry to hear that their interview spots have filled up already, and i hope it works out for the best to all those that are waiting. and who knows, some people cancel their interviews

they didn't have an application fee...i remember them telling me that they did away with it this year

sorry to hear that their interview spots have filled up already, and i hope it works out for the best to all those that are waiting. and who knows, some people cancel their interviews

they cashed my $60!!

they cashed my $60!!

thats dirty

they told me not to pay bc there was no more fee...then again, i applied in like october, so maybe they did away with it by then

thats dirty

they told me not to pay bc there was no more fee...then again, i applied in like october, so maybe they did away with it by then

I have no idea what you're talking about. I paid an application fee and I applied in November. Would love to have that money back - or at least have it be applied towards tuition.
... Additionally, someone always picks up the phone on me when I call. Weird...

yea it's pretty dumb... Paid fee in OCtober, and my aplication status hasn't even been updated at all.. Just blank. JB and word from NYU for you?

They offered me an interview 2 weeks ago, which i declined as i had already decided on a school. I wish they would have invited me to interview earlier as i would have surely preferred to interview at tufts, rather than at BU.

They should start their process earlier next year..

Had you interviewed you would probably have been on the waitlist. It seems that they filled their class with the interview groups from when I went (which were from 3-2 weeks ago).

The majority of their class was filled before that.

yea it's pretty dumb... Paid fee in OCtober, and my aplication status hasn't even been updated at all.. Just blank. JB and word from NYU for you?

no word yet...the letter may be in my mailbox, but im out of town so...