1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Whats up with UC-Irvine and San Diego?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by lady in red, Nov 24, 2001.

1. lady in red

lady in red Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I got UCSF, Davis and UCLA secondaries in this order, but heard nothing from UCI and UCSD. are they paper or online? Is that MORE bs essays to write???? should i assume a rejection? August MCAT and late verification.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. sar520

sar520 Member
    7+ Year Member

i would contact ucsd probably if i were you - it can't hurt :) but in the meantime, if you wanted to start writing the essay, it was something asking about autobiographical history starting with primary education and basically taking you to where you are today. the length was not to exceed 2 pages. (i can't remember that exact prompt they gave you, so hopefully someone else will!).

GOOD LUCK!

sarah

4. Jedi In Training

Jedi In Training Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Call UCSD. They are by far ahead of all the other UC schools in processing applications. Irvine is somewhat behind; their staff is really cool so eMail them.

5. lady in red

lady in red Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

thanks sarah and deoxy

6. rajneel1

rajneel1 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

all the UCs screen applicants before giving secondaries. they might not have screened you yet OR worse...didn't want to give you one. iknow you got UCSF so why wouldn't you get UCSD? well UCSD is big on numbers and irvine is weird too. i don't know if calling them will help.