Whats up with UC-Irvine and San Diego?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lady in red

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got UCSF, Davis and UCLA secondaries in this order, but heard nothing from UCI and UCSD. are they paper or online? Is that MORE bs essays to write???? should i assume a rejection? August MCAT and late verification.

Members don't see this ad.

i would contact ucsd probably if i were you - it can't hurt :) but in the meantime, if you wanted to start writing the essay, it was something asking about autobiographical history starting with primary education and basically taking you to where you are today. the length was not to exceed 2 pages. (i can't remember that exact prompt they gave you, so hopefully someone else will!).

GOOD LUCK!

sarah

Call UCSD. They are by far ahead of all the other UC schools in processing applications. Irvine is somewhat behind; their staff is really cool so eMail them.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks sarah and deoxy

all the UCs screen applicants before giving secondaries. they might not have screened you yet OR worse...didn't want to give you one. iknow you got UCSF so why wouldn't you get UCSD? well UCSD is big on numbers and irvine is weird too. i don't know if calling them will help.