what's up with upenn?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedApp2003

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone waiting around for a really long time for upenn?

they seem to be taking forever.

my app has been complete for a really long time.

anyone been rejected yet?

Members don't see this ad.

I have no idea either. My file has been complete a while ago too. I emailed them about my Drexel interview a few weeks ago and they said they would get back to me. Still no word. Sheesh.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't give up hope, Dr. O.

I still haven't heard, and i am not giving up.

Frankly, I would pretty surprised if i wasn't given a upenn interview, so I am just thinking they are running behind or something.

anyone know how long your app status check should say complete before you can/should give a call to see what's up?

I don't think you guys should be worrying yet. UPenn doesn't start reviewing files until the beginning of October....which means it hasn't even been a month yet since they first started!! I'm betting I was prolly one of the first files completed....late July...and I heard from them in the middle of October so don't stress.....they still have a bunch of files to have to go through before they get to yours first! :)

My file was complete in late July or early august.
I'm not worried about it though. Like I said, this was a big time reach school for me.

What puzzles me though, is not getting an interview yet from Ohio State.

My file was complete August, 12, and I haven't gotten word either. Like, Dr. Octopus, I'm not worried..........heck I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't get an interview.......when you start dealing with the top 5 schools, I think stuff may end up getting even more random than with the rest of the admissions process. I really hope I get an interview though.......everyone I know says it is an amazing place.

Good luck!

Nothing's up with UPenn. :) They are just taking time to get back to people. They have given out very few interviews, as you might see on the interview thread.

People on SDN are really impatient. :p