Whats worse, the MCAT or waiting for results?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cerbernator

Retired
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I dunno, its starting to get bad as we draw closer to getting our scores. Man i dont wanna take this suckah again:(
*prays to the MCAT gods*

Members don't see this ad.

Man this forum is what's keeping me sane, I'm glad I found it :D

I don't know what's worst: frantic preparation, testing, or nervous anticipation of the scores.

I keep telling myself "two more weeks"!

You aren't studying again, are you, Cerb?

I've pretty much decided that I'm going to get a good score (well, I figure if I tell myself...) and not worrying with it. I hear ya, though.

This wait is just getting ridiculous. I feel like I took that test ages ago.

Members don't see this ad :)
well, the wait is hell, but the MCAT itself was clearly worse. my only reason for this is that all that F%$#ING studying for the test, plus practice tests, plus the real exam, took up ALL of my time--resulting in lower grades, less time with my gf/friends, basically just a miserable existance in general; whereas the wait doesn't actually take any "time" out of my days, per se. well, other than staring blankly into space wondering what the hell happened on april 17, 2004 (a date i will remember until my death, incidentally).

the mcat is about 10 times worse..
I finally decided to clean my room (first time since december...yeah..december) and in one layer was my mcat stuff, I almost threw up from the tidal wave of horrible mcat memories..and the forgotten sandwich :(

j/k

I have to say the waiting since I have now have no specific memory of the MCAT or anything on it. All driven out of my mind.

Speaking from experience, the wait is much worse, just because you keep trying to remember specific questions and their answers. The more time you spend worrying the worse you think you did.

I am soooo scared. After the exam was over i felt like i got beat up with a baseball bat until my brain leaked out of my ears. Now I'm just sitting around waiting to see if I need to suck it back up with a straw before august. This is torture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Both sucked, but I remember my heart feeling like it was going to explode as I checked my MCAT scores last year on the AAMC's (or whatever it's called) website. Although, taking the MCAT was really annoying too. Stupid lady proctor cut our time off a few minutes on some sections because she wasn't using a timer...she used the second hand on her watch and obviously wasn't doing a very good job.

Aside from hacking into MCAS' computer system (what a movie that would make) there's nothing I can do now to affect my score, so I'm just waiting.

Just another week or two......

snowhite said:
Both sucked, but I remember my heart feeling like it was going to explode as I checked my MCAT

This is exactly how I feel like! When I thought that the scores were up and it's time to check my scores! :scared:

waiting sucks -- i took the august one the same year i applied and had already sent out amcas and $ i didn't have on primaries so it felt lke way too much was riding on this one shot. it will all be over soon. good luck all :luck: