What's wrong with this guy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Clearly a typo. I doubt there are even any people in America who are DOs, MDs, and DPMs at the same time, let alone all those degrees.

Clearly a typo. I doubt there are even any people in America who are DOs, MDs, and DPMs at the same time, let alone all those degrees.

True.

Lol, my friends' immigrant physician who got certified as a DO actually puts "<Physician Name>, D.O.,M.D." on her cards, outside of her office, in her office, and everywhere else.

I told him to ask her wtf is up with two medical degrees and apparently: "Well, I serve the immigrant population, and they all heard of MD's but not of DO's, so even though I am a DO, its good for my marketing to put up MD so that they know I am a doctor and come to me". She is a family medicine physician.

I wonder if that is legal 0_o

True.

Lol, my friends' immigrant physician who got certified as a DO actually puts "<Physician Name>, D.O.,M.D." on her cards, outside of her office, in her office, and everywhere else.

I told him to ask her wtf is up with two medical degrees and apparently: "Well, I serve the immigrant population, and they all heard of MD's but not of DO's, so even though I am a DO, its good for my marketing to put up MD so that they know I am a doctor and come to me". She is a family medicine physician.

I wonder if that is legal 0_o

No it is not legal. You can only claim the MD title in a business setting if you are licensed to practice as an MD.

In the DO forums they sometimes discuss getting a DO degree, doing an ACGME (i.e. MD) residency, and then using the MD title. They can't, because they are licensed as DOs.

The more creative DO's ask if they can get the DO degree, get licensed as a DO, then pick up an MD degree (usually from a dubious foreign school) and then use the MD title in a business setting. They can't, because they are still licensed as DOs.

In a non-business setting anybody with an MD degree can truthfully claim to be an MD. Like Michael Crichton, M.D. But outside your friend's office, inside her office, clinic advertisements, etc., is clearly crossing the line.

No it is not legal. You can only claim the MD title in a business setting if you are licensed to practice as an MD.

In the DO forums they sometimes discuss getting a DO degree, doing an ACGME (i.e. MD) residency, and then using the MD title. They can't, because they are licensed as DOs.

The more creative DO's ask if they can get the DO degree, get licensed as a DO, then pick up an MD degree (usually from a dubious foreign school) and then use the MD title in a business setting. They can't, because they are still licensed as DOs.

In a non-business setting anybody with an MD degree can truthfully claim to be an MD. Like Michael Crichton, M.D. But outside your friend's office, inside her office, clinic advertisements, etc., is clearly crossing the line.

Love him, love ER (seasons 1-8)

FAKE.

I raise you this man:

http://www-hsc.usc.edu/~jadvar/

u 'mirin?

--

P.S. Check out the caliber of his schools!!! Holy crap.

WOW. Two things immediately came to my mind:

1) Dr. Jadvar is incredibly well accomplished and educated
2) I hope to never be that well educated and would rather spend all that extra time with friends and family. Just a personal preference.

WOW. Two things immediately came to my mind:

1) Dr. Jadvar is incredibly well accomplished and educated
2) I hope to never be that well educated and would rather spend all that extra time with friends and family. Just a personal preference.

I just feel bad for him because he can't fit his four master's degrees on his white coat :(

But yeah...Michigan, Stanford, Harvard, USC, Cambridge, Oxford, Penn...just wow

FAKE.

I raise you this man:

http://www-hsc.usc.edu/~jadvar/

u 'mirin?

--

P.S. Check out the caliber of his schools!!! Holy crap.

That guy spent 23 years in school or training! That is longer than I have been ALIVE!

Holy crap is right!

Also, I feel like he could have gone about his life in a much easier way. Perhaps he just really likes school

Textbook overachiever

Not really... I don't think this is considered "normal" or "textbook" in any sense of the terms. It's just really unusual to have a master's in biomechanical engineering, but to have that and an MPH, and an MBA, and one other master's, and oh yeah, to also have a PhD and an MD. I mean, wtf.

...making my own cards now. If she's an MD, so am I! :thumbdown:

Lmao, only if you want to attract Russian gradnma's to your practice :p

Thanks for your awesome and thorough response. I did not know that "MD" carries so much marketing weight, that American DO's would actually consider that. ^