What's wrong with this sentence?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Brim

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is not shocking in the least, but it's a little scary.

From Aetna's Clinical Policy regarding IMRT: (http://www.aetna.com/cpb/medical/data/500_599/0590.html)
"Intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT), also known as tomotherapy, is a type of stereotactic radiosurgery that delivers a highly conformal, three-dimensional (3D) distribution of radiation doses."

Members don't see this ad.

sounds like something a medonc would say when describing this stuff to a patient... (I kid, I kid...)

Just another example of how frustrating this system is: The people who decide how much to pay us for our services have no clue what we are doing

Members don't see this ad :)
actually im more impressed that you found this. were you reading the insurance policy for a little beach reading?

actually im more impressed that you found this. were you reading the insurance policy for a little beach reading?

The story is actually not so impressive. I was googling for something IMRT related, and this came up as one of the hits.

It's humorous that they supposedly reviewed 100 references ("The above policy is based on the following references") and even after all that research, they still didn't get it right! :) A 6th grader could have done a better job.